Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Bug when trying to convert a PRC file

Hi!

I've a got q strange bug with one of my files. I am trying to convert a .prc into a .lrf, and if I convert using Calibre, it only works if I don't try to change any of the title and author information.

As soon as I input these, either in the convert dialogue or in the main window, the file seems to get corrupted (I can't preview it or send it to device anymore). If I convert and transfer it to the PRS without changing the title and author, and then try to modify it, the reader refuses to recognise the changes.

Anyone would know where that could come from?

Cheers!

Alfy.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
I've a got q strange bug with one of my files. I am trying to convert a .prc into a .lrf, and if I convert using Calibre, it only works if I don't try to change any of the title and author information.

Anyone would know where that could come from?
Are you putting any kinds of special characters in the fields, like quotes, comas, ampersand, etc? If so, try it without those.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Are you putting any kinds of special characters in the fields, like quotes, comas, ampersand, etc? If so, try it without those.

BOb
No nothing of the such, just letters...
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket and attach the prc file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote