Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Simple. The edge of the screen will not respond to touch. It not be interactive.
Won't work. What about when you actually need the screen to respond like select text at the edge of the page or use game controls which extend to the edges of the screen?
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by macminer View Post
Won't work. What about when you actually need the screen to respond like select text at the edge of the page or use game controls which extend to the edges of the screen?
I see your point, but you are missing mine.

The device will have 2 internal edges.
1. for the interactive which will not extend to the edge
2. for the display which will extend to the edge

The interactive will think it has gone all the way. It will be essentially on a screen that is say 5 or so MM away from the edge. The exact dimensions I don't predict.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I see your point, but you are missing mine.

The device will have 2 internal edges.
1. for the interactive which will not extend to the edge
2. for the display which will extend to the edge

The interactive will think it has gone all the way. It will be essentially on a screen that is say 5 or so MM away from the edge. The exact dimensions I don't predict.
Interesting! Do you have any links ? I would have loved a 10 inch screen phone folding to 5 inch
But I am very curious to know how Samsung has implement it if the 5.5 inch rumors are true.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
We'll find out August 29!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Interesting! Do you have any links ? I would have loved a 10 inch screen phone folding to 5 inch
But I am very curious to know how Samsung has implement it if the 5.5 inch rumors are true.
Possibilities are real, but -

No facts as yet.
All rumors so far.

Imaginations are rampant.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert