Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
YES! Please. I like to choose when to update intead of block at all until next patch or sideload fw.
You are great!!!
Done: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=33
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That blocks it completely, and is likely to have side effects. The patch I'm talking about would show a nice prompt asking if you want to install the update.
Huh? There already is a prompt. Or at least I see one every time I sync and it finds an update. Sure, it downloads first and then asks if I want to update, but I can cancel that. It will install the update when I connect to the PC and eject, but not before that.

Or are you adding this to the automatic nightly sync? That does do the update without prompting
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #18
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Huh? There already is a prompt. Or at least I see one every time I sync and it finds an update. Sure, it downloads first and then asks if I want to update, but I can cancel that. It will install the update when I connect to the PC and eject, but not before that.

Or are you adding this to the automatic nightly sync? That does do the update without prompting
This adds it to every single way the Kobo updates (background sync, manual sync, probably also the initial factory sync). As for the prompt during sync you are mentioning, I've actually never seen it before (except for once a year or two ago).
Old 11-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
This adds it to every single way the Kobo updates (background sync, manual sync, probably also the initial factory sync).
OK.
Quote:
As for the prompt during sync you are mentioning, I've actually never seen it before (except for once a year or two ago).
That's weird. I get it almost every time I get an update when I start the sync. The "almost" is because sometimes the Glo doesn't show it. But, it has constant failures when downloading the firmware and occasionally downloads the file, unpacks and something happens then that gets reported as a failure. Then I connect and disconnect and get surprised by an update. Though usually if I check, I find the files incomplete.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #20
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
@geek1011: Could you please have a look at my feature proposal at the last thread and see if it would be possible?

Thank you.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 04:47 AM   #21
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Let’s try to keep everything in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlite View Post
@geek1011
I have another suggestion for a patch, if it is possible.

At the moment the library feature only shows up, if your address in the kobo account is set to special contries. For example the U.S.

Then the library tab shows up and you can use the library in other contries as well. In the case of my SO the library of Berlin, Germany.
The tab is even available in German.

Would it be possible to create a patch to show the library tab independent of the country set for the user account?

Thank you for all of your work.
I suspect this won’t be possible because of the nature of Overdrive. When overdrive first launched as a KA1 exclusive people requested a patch to enable it on other devices and it was deemed a bad idea even if it might have been possible because it creates too many potential issues.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #22
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Many thanks for your hard work!
By the moment I can't give you more karma because MR don't let me, sorry.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:58 AM   #23
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Would it be possible to have the Forma lock into left- or right-handed mode, just as you can have it lock into portrait or landscape? I use it locked in portrait, but it still flips into left-handed ('upside down' for me as a right-hander) now and again.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #24
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
If the comfort light settings are exposed so as to allow patching ....

It would be great to have a patch the would restrict the "auto" setting for the comfort light to some values in the middle so that it does not get so blue during the day nor so orange at night. Say from "25%" to "75%" (on the slider) of the current values.

Thank you for all or your work on patching. These patches morph the Kobo Aura One from a very good device into a great device. Your work is greatly appreciated.
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #25
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
That's exactly what I meant: wiping left side for light level and wiping right side for color temperature (comfortlight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Nope, that the frontlight that you can change by swiping on left side and LucyOne want change the color temperature. That's the reason because LucyOne say right side, not left

Actually “Comfortlight” is just Kobo’s name for the frontlight. “Comfortlight PRO” is what they called the frontlight when they introduced the colour temperature changing feature. So what you wrote isn’t what you meant
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #26
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
kobopatch request thread

Quote:
That blocks it completely, and is likely to have side effects. The patch I'm talking about would show a nice prompt asking if you want to install the update.
What side effects are they? Like Terisa I’ve been using it for quite a while and haven’t noticed any side effect...?

EDIT: I’m genuinely interested

Also, does your new patch prevent the download of the new updated firmware, or does it delete the already downloaded firmware/tgz if you state you don’t want to update?

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 11-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
What side effects are they? Like Terisa I’ve been using it for quite a while and haven’t noticed any side effect...?

EDIT: I’m genuinely interested

Also, does your new patch prevent the download of the new updated firmware, or does it delete the already downloaded firmware/tgz if you state you don’t want to update?
As for the side effects, they are more theoretical. For example, as it changes the upgrade check URL, it could cause unusual issues if Kobo ever changes how the upgrade system works. Also, there is the possible bootloop mentioned in the patch description.

My new patch uses the built-in dialog to choose whether to update. I haven't tested the exact behaviour yet, but I will later this week.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Request: Right recommendation slot on the 2nd row always goes to Pocket Articles (aka "My Articles")?

Also, probably unrelated: is it possible to keep the KOReader png in the home screen, other than dismissing older tiles?

Thanks a lot, as always.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:45 AM   #29
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
This is not `Remove extra bottom space when footer disabled` but... when you enable `Show footer` you can adjust it with:
Spoiler:
Code:
Reduce reading footer and quit caption:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Based on GeoffR's `Custom reading footer style`
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}"
# When editing the replacement values below,
# BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING!
      Replace: "ReadingFooter {qproperty-footerMargin: 00; min-height: 15px; max-height: 15px;}\n\
                #caption{qproperty-visible:false;}\n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         "
      MustMatchLength: yes

Good luck.
In your attachments, how do you make the time clock always show on the screen?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:51 AM   #30
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Hi, I got a feature request.

In `Kobo eReader.conf` file, I can insert the following lines:

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

then I can use the power button to take screenshots, but since it uses the power button, so it will affect the normal function of power button such as sleep/wake-up/lock-screen/unlock-screen. And I have to connect my device to the computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file if I want to just turn this feature on and off.

Since you are able to make `Invert screen` insert into the Settings, could you please make the `Screenshots` into the Settings too? When I want to take a screenshot, just check it, and after that I can just uncheck it, so I don't have to connect the device to my computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file.

Last edited by codychan; 11-22-2018 at 02:31 AM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests