Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #61
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I meant things like checkboxes in the settings dialog, for example Adobe page numbers, reading life, etc.
Ok, so any of those two then thank you!
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #62
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
when you've applied the cleaning up the homescreen patch can you add multiple collections on to the homescreen?

best wishes koboy
That I don't know. I mainly remove the Kobo bookstore stuff since my Aura is 100% sideloaded. I've never bought a single thing from the Kobo shop.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
...turning off headers and footers is a great feature. I almost wouldn't have to patch except I want ability to "bolden" fonts in ePubs...
For me, it's 'freedom to advanced fonts control' and enabling ligatures in kepub, both of which should be standard features.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #64
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Upgraded to 4.11.12019 and edited the config file correctly to include
UnlockEnabled=false
with correct line-ends and all that. Rebooted twice. Turned the sleep-cover setting to off.
And I still got the darned Swipe to unlock annoyance.

Oops - downloaded and installed 4.12.1211 and Bingo! No more Swipe needed.

Last edited by EldRick; 12-14-2018 at 02:23 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #65
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
That I don't know. I mainly remove the Kobo bookstore stuff since my Aura is 100% sideloaded. I've never bought a single thing from the Kobo shop.
ok thank you. all my books are sideloaded and it will more than likely stay that way. the main feature/function i like about the old homescreen is the ability to have many collections showing instead of 5 book covers i can have 10 or more collections.

i have this latest firmware on my Kobo Touch minus any patches and it does have some nice new features i would like to have but it appears/seems you can only have 1 collection on the homescreen at any given time which is definitely a big no no for me.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #66
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is there a change in bringing up the reading menu?

In full screen mode (no header and no footer), I can now tap at the bottom middle to get the menu. In the last firmware I had, I had to tap a little ways from the bottom to get the menu.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #67
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Has anyone tested the update on the mini yet?
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #68
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namenlos View Post
Has anyone tested the update on the mini yet?
I will this weekend, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is there a change in bringing up the reading menu?

In full screen mode (no header and no footer), I can now tap at the bottom middle to get the menu. In the last firmware I had, I had to tap a little ways from the bottom to get the menu.
Yes. It's been that way for the last few forma versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Ok, so any of those two then thank you!
OK. Will do soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
For me, it's 'freedom to advanced fonts control' and enabling ligatures in kepub, both of which should be standard features.
My configuration is here: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...kobopatch.yaml
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #69
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonemrinal View Post
Thanks for update. Unfortunately, my Glo doesn't see this update yet no matter how many times I sync or power-off and then again try after restarting. It might take time as I am located in India.
I just changed my affiliate to "beta" (without the quotes). You can also download the firmware and copy it to your Kobo.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #70
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I just changed my affiliate to "beta" (without the quotes). You can also download the firmware and copy it to your Kobo.
I just downloaded from the link provided and updated it myself. But I'm a rebel!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Seeing as this will be my first time using the new patch system, I may have some questions. I'll see sometime next week.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #72
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Mmm. This update breaks the cheap slideshow I found: the demo mode. It stops on the third picture. I'll keep it anyway.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #73
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe & Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Since the full page mode is official, I don’t think I have seen any bugs, like words being truncated. What bugs does the patch "Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs" still fix?

Thanks for your great work.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #74
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I just downloaded from the link provided and updated it myself. But I'm a rebel!
I'm just lazy. I go with the path of least resistance.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #75
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Since the full page mode is official, I don’t think I have seen any bugs, like words being truncated. What bugs does the patch "Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs" still fix?
None. I just forgot to get rid of it from my config.

Quote:
Thanks for your great work.
No problem!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote