Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Ereader app feature

My pet peace reading ebooks is that I can’t touch the screen with. Y thumb when holding it while laying down with out it changing the page or hlighting. It’s very unlike paper and makes for an awkward grip.

I’d love to have Kindle or iBooks set up so that the first touch on the screen does nothing. And the second touch actual engages the screen. So I could have my thumb rest on the screen without it doing anything, but then with my thumb resting on screen if I swipe it turns page and if I highlight it highlights, etc.

Is this technologically possible? Does it exist on any obscure app?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
My pet peace reading ebooks is that I can’t touch the screen with. Y thumb when holding it while laying down with out it changing the page or hlighting. It’s very unlike paper and makes for an awkward grip.

I’d love to have Kindle or iBooks set up so that the first touch on the screen does nothing. And the second touch actual engages the screen. So I could have my thumb rest on the screen without it doing anything, but then with my thumb resting on screen if I swipe it turns page and if I highlight it highlights, etc.

Possible yes. Does it exist? Probably not. In all my years of reading eBooks I've never heard anyone else but you request this feature. I suspect most people would not want such a feature unless they could toggle it OFF. For a decade plus we have learned to keep our thumbs off of the touch screens. The best option might be an eInk reader with the ability to turn off the touchscreen and use buttons to turn pages. But eInk screens are quite different from iPad/iPhone screens, and you might not like them.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Disable "Long Press on Text & Image"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post

Of course, this is technologically possible! I remember someone in this forum asked for this feature to be implemented in some obscure app by the name BookMaster, which has since renamed as MapleRead. You may try it out yourself by downloading its free edition, MapleRead CX, which runs on both iPhone and iPad.

Once you open an EPUB book, tap the "brightness" icon to open a menu, then tap the button "Gestures", and turn off "Long Press on Text & Image".
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote