Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The plugin framework has no interface to Sigil's report data. That would take changes to the plugin framework--and to Sigil itself to accomplish. Not entirely out of the question, but not very likely--at least not for a single plugin. There'd have to be a need for multiple plugins (and an interest from other plugin devs) to justify that kind of expansion of the framework.
Absolutely a valid reason. had no clue..what was or was not available to the developer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crick View Post
1 - Can you add p in the tag name list
Version 0.4.2 has added the p tag to the list of tags it can work with.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=1

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-03-2016 at 08:47 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #18
Crick
Crick began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks
Crick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crick View Post
thanks
No problem. Let me know if I missed something and it doesn't work right. It's been a while since I've been "under the hood" of that plugin.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #20
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Hi there,

I'm getting an error when I try to run Tag Mechanic. I'm still new to Sigil, so I suspect I'm doing something stupid. I start by opening a book in Sigil, selecting a file, then go to Plugins > Edit > TagMechanic.

Then this happens:

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "/Users/X/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/TagMechanic/plugin.py", line 565, in run
    img = tkinter.Image('photo', file=os.path.join(bk._w.plugin_dir, bk._w.plugin_name, 'images/icon.png'))
  File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/tkinter/__init__.py", line 3350, in __init__
    self.tk.call(('image', 'create', imgtype, name,) + options)
_tkinter.TclError: couldn't recognize data in image file "/Users/X/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/TagMechanic/images/icon.png"
Error: couldn't recognize data in image file "/Users/X/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/TagMechanic/images/icon.png"
I am on a Mac OS 10.11.6 using Sigil 0.9.7. I deleted the preferences file, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Also, is TagMechanic the Sigil equivalent of Diaps Editing Toolbag in Calibre?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 05:13 AM   #21
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@odamizu...The error reports that it can't recognize the data in the image file. This probably means that your downloaded version of Tag Mechanic has a corrupt image file. I've also just downloaded Tag Mechanic and re-installed it again on my system and it works without problems.

Just try downloading and re-installing Tag Mechanic again to see if this cures your problem.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:44 AM   #22
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@odamizu: Did you install the special macOS ActiveState Tcl 8.6.4.1 package mentioned on the download page? This package is required for all Sigil plugins that come with a GUI.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Doitsu is correct. The Tcl that comes with OS X is broken. That's why KevinH recommends installing Activestate's Tcl before running/installing Sigil plugins (at least he ones that have tkinter gui components).

And yes, this plugin is the equivalent of the "Span/Div Editor" portion of my "Diaps EditorToolbag" plugin for calibre's editor. There's a separate PunctuationSmarten plugin that provides the rest of the functionality from the "Toolbag".
Old 01-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #24
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I do have ActiveState Tcl 8.6.4.1 installed. For good measure, I re-installed it. Unfortunately, that didn't help. I still get the error message.

I also re-downloaded a fresh copy of the plug-in, uninstalled and re-installed it a few times. That didn't help either.

Any thing else I can try?
Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #25
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Any thing else I can try?
This appears to be a strange macOS bug. Hopefully, KevinH, who has a Mac, will see this post and know what to do.

In the meantime, you can try the following:

1. Download TextWrangler or another programmer's text editor.
2. Start Sigil and select Edit >Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
3. Click Plugins > TagMechanic and open plugin.py with TextWrangler.
4. Comment out lines 565 and 566 by inserting a # sign:

Code:
    #img = tkinter.Image('photo', file=os.path.join(bk._w.plugin_dir, bk._w.plugin_name, 'images/icon.png'))
    #root.tk.call('wm','iconphoto',root._w,img)
and save plugin.py.

This workaround should allow you to run TagMechanic until KevinH has figured out what additional image library is required to run the commented-out code.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-16-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Kevin's tested this plugin for me on OS X, I know. But it's been a while. I don't believe that icon is even visible on a Mac, so I could easily exclude it for that platform if it's found to be causing issues.

@odamizu: in fact ... here's a version that does just that (in case you don't want to manually edit the plugin yourself). See if it makes a difference. If so, I'll commit the change and release a new version. I'm not in love with the icon or anything.

EDIT: test attachment removed since the first post was updated to that version

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-17-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #27
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
This appears to be a strange macOS bug. ... Comment out lines 565 and 566 by inserting a # sign ...

This workaround should allow you to run TagMechanic until KevinH has figured what additional image library is required to run the commented-out code.
Excellent! That worked! Thank you!

Quote:
Kevin's tested this plugin for me on OS X, I know. But it's been a while. I don't believe that icon is even visible on a Mac, so I could easily exclude it for that platform if it's found to be causing issues.
What's weird is, I'm pretty sure I ran this plug-in successfully a few months ago. Not sure what's changed. If there's anything else I can do or info I can provide to help troubleshoot, let me know.

In the meantime, thanks everyone for your help!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #28
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
@odamizu: in fact ... here's a version that does just that (in case you don't want to manually edit the plugin yourself). See if it makes a difference. If so, I'll commit the change and release a new version. I'm not in love with the icon or anything.
Thanks! Just installed 0.4.3 and it works, too!

(You're too fast for me. I was trying Doitsu's manual edit, and when I came back to the forum, you had 0.4.3 up)
Old 01-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'll wait to hear if Kevin has any ideas before updating the first post with the new version. Thanks for making sure it works!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #30
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi DiapDealer,
Just saw this. I will see if I can reproduce it on my Mac and get back to you.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote