Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 AM   #1
hotshoal
hotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Touch
Firmware 4.3.8966 spotted.

just found my glo hd had an update.

for those who are interested
from Mark3 to Mark6

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8966.zip
hotshoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:46 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
This is the 2nd thread on these New Updates!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo have said this is to fix a problem with syncs stalling. I believe this was happening when there were connection issues, or WiFi wasn't enabled when the sync was started.

I don't know of any other changes, but based on the recent releases, I don't expect there will be. It should be going out to all devices except the Mini, and I would expect the fast release to everyone.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshoal View Post
for those who are interested
from Mark3 to Mark6

It's better if you add what mark is fore each link, the first one is mark 6.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mark 3 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8966.zip

Mark 4 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8966.zip

Mark 5 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8966.zip

Mark 6 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8966.zip

Or you can use the following website to get the new firmware. https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html in case you are not sure what mark your device is.

There is no official release for the Mini. Use at your own risk.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-16-2017 at 07:30 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon you need to fix the link to mark 6.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Jon you need to fix the link to mark 6.
Thanks. Fixed.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
alexmoffitt
alexmoffitt began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Put this on my KA1 yesterday and it's fixed the sync issue for sure. I'm not sure about battery life or anything like that yet. I still have the old homescreen, but I don't care which one I have.

I noticed that he brightness on the left side is a little inconsistent. It seems to work fine the first time you use it, but if you want to adjust again you have to wait. I'm not sure if they designed it that way on purpose or not. Either way, I won't be upgrading again until the firmware has soaked for a while and I can see if anyone is experiencing issues.
alexmoffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmoffitt View Post
I noticed that he brightness on the left side is a little inconsistent. It seems to work fine the first time you use it, but if you want to adjust again you have to wait. I'm not sure if they designed it that way on purpose or not.
I don't know why they can't get this right. It's the single reason I'm still using 3.12.1 on my first gen Aura because the light adjustment works flawlessly in that version and has been broken in one way or another in every firmware since.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I open my Kobo Glo HD to see it updated to this. I never got OTA updates of the last two firmware but I got this one.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 03-16-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #11
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmoffitt View Post
I won't be upgrading again until the firmware has soaked for a while and I can see if anyone is experiencing issues.
a, unfortunately, the recent versions haven't stayed around long enough to arrive at a conclusion (before they are replaced).
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #12
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I open my Kobo Glo HD to see it updated to this. I never got OTA updates of the last two firmware but I got this one.

Sent from my XT1528
Did you have disable the Automatic sync in the setting?

Last edited by oren64; 03-16-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The thing is, if you got this via sync, then you want this as it fixes syncing.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The thing is, if you got this via sync, then you want this as it fixes syncing.
No problems with syncing but I never updated since the last one. So I skipped the last update. After manually updating the previous time I just didn't want to be bother with it.

Now I got this OTA update which means I'm going to have to patch again whenever the new patch comes out.

The last update before this one never showed up. Syncing is enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No problems with syncing but I never updated since the last one. So I skipped the last update. After manually updating the previous time I just didn't want to be bother with it.

Now I got this OTA update which means I'm going to have to patch again whenever the new patch comes out.

The last update before this one never showed up. Syncing is enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7
It depends on your affiliate as to when you get what firmware.