Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Device: Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Phone
How to force CC to scan for locally stored books

I have Calibre on my laptop (where I do al the maintenance of the Calibre library). When traveling I use a Windows tablet and an Android phone to read books. I need to be able to read when offline (airplane, areas with no internet, ...)

I moved the Calibre library to Onedrive and now I have all the books available on my tablet. Perfect.

On my phone I installed Foldersync to have all books on my phone and to sync the changes when necessary.

CC however does not see those books. How should I set the CC settings to force CC to recognize the locally stored books?

Thanks
MarcDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Settings - Cloud connection - Cloud provider - Library on device or SD card

Make sure Foldersync also syncs metadata.db. That's what CC needs.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 03:23 AM   #3
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Device: Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Settings - Cloud connection - Cloud provider - Library on device or SD card

Make sure Foldersync also syncs metadata.db. That's what CC needs.
Thanks a lot. Perfect solution.
MarcDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
locally stored books