Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Oops. First/Last source book and series number should all be working now. Updated on the earlier post.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Perfect, thanks!
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent. Thanks for testing. 1.0.1 is now the default version.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
ScottM
ScottM began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is a fantastic resource - thank you for sharing it! I've been trying to use the Calibre plugin, but I'm running into a problem after I enter the metadata:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.40
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 82, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 91, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 365, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 199, in doMerge
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

Am I leaving something blank that must be entered in order for the conversion to work? Is it perhaps caused by the individual epubs?
ScottM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@ScottM - one of your input epubs doesn't have a title (dc:title) tag. In the next version, I'll change it to ignore missing titles.

In the mean time, there's a number of ways you could fix that, one of the easiest is to use the Modify Epub plugin's 'Update Metadata' feature on all the epubs you're trying to merge.
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
ScottM
ScottM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Worked like a charm - much obliged!

ScottM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.0.2 released with improved handling of epubs with missing title and/or author.

If you get "(Title Missing)" or "(Author Missing)", use Modify Epub plugin's 'Update Metadata' feature or other epub editing tool to fix the input epubs.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
cczichray
cczichray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cannot merge Epub files

I'm having problems trying to use the EPub Merge plug-in. I keep getting this error message:

calibre, version 0.8.46
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 82, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 91, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 365, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 208, in doMerge
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

This seems to be similar to the error message posted above. I tried editing the title and author metadata, but no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
cczichray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@cczichray - I believe one (or more) of your input epubs has an empty author (dc:creator) tag. In the next version, I'll change it to ignore empty authors--I addressed *missing* authors in the previous version along with missing title, but not empty.

In the mean time, there's a number of ways you could fix that, one of the easiest is to use the Modify Epub plugin's 'Update Metadata' feature on all the epubs you're trying to merge.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.0.3 released with improved handling of epubs with present, but empty author.

If you get "(Title Missing)" or "(Author Missing)", use Modify Epub plugin's 'Update Metadata' feature or other epub editing tool to fix the input epubs.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #26
samhandwich
samhandwich began at the beginning.

Device: moon reader
Registered here just to say: Thanks! Finally an easy way to combine epubs!!
samhandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@samhandwich - You're quite welcome.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
cczichray

Merge Issues Fixed, New Problem with Images

JimmXinu, thank you so much for your reply! I was able to get everything merged.

My new problem is with the images in my epub files. After merging, my new epub file does not contain the images from the original files. I tried dropping the files into the Images folder, but this did not work.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #29
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@cczichray - Can you post one of the source epubs with images here? Preferably a small one? And/or one of the output epubs?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
cczichray

Source Files

Here is one of the original epub files and the merged epub file. This was just a test, so things look pretty rough!

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs