Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
abigfan
abigfan began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Pro, Nook Tablet
A simple? suggestion

Is possible to get the program to sort first by Author, Then my Series? Rather than either/or. It would be really nice!

abigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you do consecutive sorts, then the second one is biased by the order of the first one. Therefore for what I think you want first sort on Series by clicking in Series column header and then by Author by clicking on Author column header.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigfan View Post
Is possible to get the program to sort first by Author, Then my Series? Rather than either/or. It would be really nice!

You can also go to Preferences - Tweaks and adjust the Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup tweak to have your library start with a certain sort. I set mine to:
Code:
sort_columns_at_startup = (('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('title', 0))
Which is the same as sorting by Title then sorting by Series then sorting by Authors.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
abigfan
abigfan began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Pro, Nook Tablet
Thanks, I'll try that!
abigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
kiwidude's plugin View Manager also has the functionality that dwanthny described (albeit in a regex-less interface), as well as the option to save your view preferences to a keyboard shortcut (so that after messing with sorting orders, you can get it all back to your preferred view with a single keystroke).
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert