Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Decalgirl Kindle 2 custom skin template

I have attached the zip file containing the .PSD template file that Decalgirl sent me for a custom Kindle 2 skin; they still don't have the template file up in their forums. From their "What To Do With These Files" post in the templates forum:

Quote:
These files are meant for you to create your own artwork, then send it in to us to have a high-quality, custom skin made using the design you've created. They're not intended or meant for any other purpose.

Once you create a design, flatten the image (Photoshop versions) with the cut line turned off. Zip and email to the file to customs@decalgirl.com so that we can review the image to make sure there are no issues (copyrights, proper resolution, etc) and one of our representatives will then email you a link with ordering instructions.
There are three layers in the .PSD file, 'Art', 'Mask', and 'Overlay'; put your graphics either on the 'Art' layer, or on a layer between 'Art' and 'Mask'. There should be none of the 'Art' layer's color showing inside the cutout of the 'Mask' layer. The 'Overlay' layer is there so you can see where the cuts will go so you can position your graphics better; when you are satisfied with the result, hide the 'Overlay' layer and flatten the image to a single layer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DecalGirl_Amazon_Kindle_2_Template.zip (285.2 KB, 1368 views)
srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Thanks for posting that. I'm going to see what I can do with it, since it's a rainy Saturday and I've got nothing better to do than that... and read of course
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
This is the custom skin I got in the mail from DecalGirl today (after applying it to my Kindle):

srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Damn that looks good! Nice work!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Downloaded it and am working on trying to match the color of the Kindle case, front and back. Alas, I don't have my Kindle with me at work, and besides, it's already got a skin on it. Anyone got a good match for the case colors in hex format (e.g. #FFFFFF for white)?

My idea is to have a skin that almost 'disappears' by mimicking the colors that are already there, although there is text on the front at the top in the Amazon font (to replace 'Amazon kindle') so that it resembles the original design.

Now to come up with something to place on the back where the serial number is located. Maybe something like 'Designed on Earth. Assembled on Vulcan' or something silly like that that won't be noticed at first glance.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for posting this!
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
If you email DecalGirl, they will send you a template and instructions.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote