Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 05:29 AM   #1
njess
njess began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lobo Libra or pocketbook inkpad 3?

Which one would you recommend? I currently have a paperwhite. Can you see progress in percent and time left in book/chapter on the inkpad?
njess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by njess View Post
Which one would you recommend? I currently have a paperwhite. Can you see progress in percent and time left in book/chapter on the inkpad?
In Pocketbook (at least on my PB Color but the feature should be the same in all Pocketbook) You see the pages read / total pages and the pages remaining to the end of chapter. A page is a screen. It also can show the embedded page number. Of course You can disable them and to see a clear screen.

I don't own neither of them so it is difficult for me to recommend any of them. The Libra has a 7" screen and the Inkpad 3 has a 7.8 screen. The only thing I can say, if nobody that owns both can tell You a more informed opinion, is to check the features of them and to choose the one that fits Your preferences.
ps67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
One thing to consider is availability. I don't know where you are, but Pocketbooks can be difficult to obtain in some places, and it still rankles that when I contacted Pocketbook to ask about buying one in my country, their reply was two sentences: "We don't sell there. Try ebay" Not very professional, imo.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by njess View Post
I don't think so. Just page number and total pages... like "127/673." (This is with my PB615, which has older firmware. I'm charging the TL3 now to see if the choices are different. I think the only thing it does differently is let you use the ePub's built-in page numbering OR you can count each screen as a "page.")

(Checked my TL3, it does work the way described in the previous paragraph.)

Last edited by rcentros; 01-18-2021 at 10:14 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
In Pocketbook (at least on my PB Color but the feature should be the same in all Pocketbook) You see the pages read / total pages and the pages remaining to the end of chapter. A page is a screen. It also can show the embedded page number. Of course You can disable them and to see a clear screen. ...
Pages remaining in the chapter is newer than my TL3's firmware. But I read with a clear screen anyhow, so none of this really matters to me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert