Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopia View Post
I have Office 2013 installed - and it fails because it looks in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\ rather than Office15 where it is actually located.

I wouldn't imagine it is too difficult for this plugin to try to locate the WordConv.exe executable rather than assuming where it is located.

Office also comes in 64-bit versions, and some users might install it somewhere else - so perhaps the plugin needs first to use the registry to find the Office installation location and then to search through directories to find the executable.
Firstly, I agree with BR. Use DOCX as the input format instead of DOC. The results will probably be better.

But, you can configure the location of the wordconv.exe. Go into the preferences, "Input options" and select "DOC Input". I don't think finding it automatically is worth the effort.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:47 AM   #77
Protopia
Protopia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
@BetterRed - already did that for the 5 DOC files I had. But I added the comment so that someone could fix it if anyone was interested in putting in the effort.
Protopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert