Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #1
nf-reader
nf-reader began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Lightbulb Mobile app for readers

Hi,

I’m a big lover of non-fiction books, and need your advice here.
I’m currently writing a mobile app, which helps to organize / store valuable information which we read.
I was doing it for myself initially, but now want to share with others and collect their opinions in order to make it better.

Would it be permitted to share such information within this group?

Thanks!
nf-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:44 AM   #2
nf-reader

Got no responses, so probably I just share it here...

It is not a general purpose note taker application (like Evernote, or Google docs), but targeted specifically for book readers.

With the help of OCR, it is possible to scan and recognize text from paperback books, so hopefully it helps to make notes quickly.

For now it is only available in Google Play for Android devices, but I’m planning to release to Apple Store soon as well. It is called Readult.

It is completely free, and contains no ads: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ormata.readult

I would like to get some help from this community in order to understand if such tool meets their needs, and ways to improve.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2021, 05:08 AM   #3
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I don't read a lot of non-fiction, so I'm not in your core audience, but the first thing which struck me when looking at the screenshots and description is that I'd want to define my own categories.

I'm also not sure if the user can add their own notes, or only save quotes from the text?
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
nf-reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I don't read a lot of non-fiction, so I'm not in your core audience, but the first thing which struck me when looking at the screenshots and description is that I'd want to define my own categories.

I'm also not sure if the user can add their own notes, or only save quotes from the text?
Hi hildea, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Users absolutely can add their own notes (by typing them in, or scanning a paperback book page, and then the system recognises the text and lets you select a fragment for a note).

As for categories: there are currently four of them (regular notes, ideas, questions, and "mind blown"), but I may of course let users add their own as well.

Cheers!