Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-28-2020, 06:41 AM   #1
gennaro
gennaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
can I split a file at headings?

Can I automatically split a long file at chapters (say before h1 or h2 elements) without putting the marks by hand?
Thank you
gennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gennaro View Post
Can I automatically split a long file at chapters (say before h1 or h2 elements) without putting the marks by hand?
Simply search for heading start tags and replace them sigil split marker <hr> tags. For example:

Find:<h1
Replace:<hr class="sigil_split_marker" /><h1

Then select Split at markers.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
gennaro
gennaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Simply search for heading start tags and replace them sigil split marker <hr> tags. ….
Thanks a lot
gennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Simply search for heading start tags and replace them sigil split marker <hr> tags.
So, just in case you follow instructions meticulously, don't replace <h1> tags with split markers, rather use Search & Replace to preface them with split markers. (The example given is then correct.)

Pedantic, I know. But computer code takes no prisoners :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote