Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Kobo forma / My Collections / is the new Shelves?

Hi,

I was searching on net about organising Shelves for kobo forma..

Then i saw there is already a My Collections tab in the device itself..

Is this the shelves?
ozgurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Yes, it is.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
If you want some help, check the MobileRead Wiki entry: Kobo Shelves and Collections.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgurs View Post
Hi,

I was searching on net about organising Shelves for kobo forma..

Then i saw there is already a My Collections tab in the device itself..

Is this the shelves?
Kobo has collections, not shelves.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo has collections, not shelves.
either you are wrong, or the WIKI is wrong.

from the wiki link, 2 posts earlier
In firmware version 2.0.0, Kobo added shelves
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
either you are wrong, or the WIKI is wrong.

from the wiki link, 2 posts earlier
In firmware version 2.0.0, Kobo added shelves
But Kobo renamed shelves to the correct name of collections. So shelves no longer exist and it's called collections.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But Kobo renamed shelves to the correct name of collections. So shelves no longer exist and it's called collections.
ok. so wiki is wrong, or misleading . Anyone who only reads 1st sentence of wiki will read kobo has shelves.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ok. so wiki is wrong, or misleading . Anyone who only reads 1st sentence of wiki will read kobo has shelves.
The first sentence says collections used to be called shelves.
Quote:
In firmware version 2.0.0, Kobo added shelves. Books could be added to one or more shelves and the shelves viewed in the same way as the main library list. In a later firmware, Kobo renamed "Shelves" to "Collections".
When I got my H2O, it was on some version 3 firmware and shelves didn't exist.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #9
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
The first sentence says collections used to be called shelves.

When I got my H2O, it was on some version 3 firmware and shelves didn't exist.
ok i only read the wiki 1st sentence. What you correctly said is in the 2nd sentence. I still think the wiki could benefit from a rewrite- why even mention it , if shelves are now gone ?
Old 05-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@stumped as had been said on other occasions, the wiki is public and editable by anyone. Feel free to correct it
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:34 PM   #11
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
So?

I understand it as yes..

Shelves is now called Collections..

Thnks.
ozgurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ok i only read the wiki 1st sentence. What you correctly said is in the 2nd sentence. I still think the wiki could benefit from a rewrite- why even mention it , if shelves are now gone ?
Ok, so it's not all in the first sentence. My mistake. But it's all in the first line. Besides, if you've been using any version 3 or 4 firmware, you'd have seen Collections and not seen Shelves.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Ok, so it's not all in the first sentence. My mistake. But it's all in the first line. Besides, if you've been using any version 3 or 4 firmware, you'd have seen Collections and not seen Shelves.
But for those of us who have used a Kobo ereader for a bit longer, we remember when shelves were introduced. It made sense like shelves in your physical library. Collections tend to be larger and involved multiple shelves in a physical library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
But for those of us who have used a Kobo ereader for a bit longer, we remember when shelves were introduced. It made sense like shelves in your physical library. Collections tend to be larger and involved multiple shelves in a physical library.
Sony and Amazon both called it Collections. Kobo was the different one. But I am glad they changed it to what it should have been from the start.

The way I look at a shelf is that you can only have one book on one shelf and that doesn't work.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #15
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, LibraH20, AuraH20, Mini, Oasis3, Voyage, Nova2, Tab S5e, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I agree.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote