Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
valhen
valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.

Device: kobo aura one, sony prs-t2
Dismissing tiles on the home screen of a KA1

Question about a behavior I'm seeing,and I wonder if other people see this too...

As soon as I got my device, I get rid of a lot of the tiles on the Home screen (long press on the tile and then "Dismiss Tile") Particularly the tiles like the Recommended books, Top New Releases, etc. I kept the statistics tile and some of the other ones. Basically, I customized the home screen.

I usually keep wifi off and only turn it on about once a week to sync (mostly to get my books from my public library's Overdrive collection). Every time I sync my device the tiles come back and I have to remove them again.

Does anyone else see this behavior as well? Am I misunderstanding what "Dismiss Tile" should do?
valhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sync makes book recommendations pop up again and has to be dismissed again.

if there is an option to turn that off... i don't know
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Dismissing a tile just pushes it off the home screen. The tiles get put on the screen in response to some event. So, syncing will probably return the recommendations and similar tiles to the home screen.

If you use calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin, you can use function in it to dismiss the tiles. Plus, it can add a trigger to the database that tries to prevent them from displaying. It isn't perfect as the way some tiles are displayed seems to have changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote