Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Highlights from side loaded book

Kobo doesn't carry a bunch of theological books so if I bought a Kobo, I'd need to buy some from other sites and side-load them. Is there a way to get highlights off the kobo to copy and paste into writing projects?

(google took me to kobonotes.com, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore)
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Kobo doesn't carry a bunch of theological books so if I bought a Kobo, I'd need to buy some from other sites and side-load them. Is there a way to get highlights off the kobo to copy and paste into writing projects?

(google took me to kobonotes.com, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore)
If you are not using calibre, it is an excellent program for managing your ebooks. With the Annotations plugin, you will be able to get your highlights exported. The Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre also has annotations capability.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Kobo Utilities Plugin has poor formatting but it's MUCH faster and gives more information. The Annotation Plug in is more limited and VERY slow, maybe if you have a lot of books.
You need Calibre and the Kobo Utilities.
Also Calibre converts Docx from Word or LibreOffice Writer well to ePub.
Also best way to read web info for your research is via paste in to Wordprocessing, clean up and save as Docx, then import to Calibre.
You can also convert DRM free Amazon books. Buying Amazon eBooks is best done via PC for a kindle eReader.
Smashwords sells ePub and no DRM
www.gutenberg.org is good for public domain/out of copyright, but I find their Kindle mobi format works better and I convert to ePub.

It's always best on ALL eReaders to load ALL eBooks via USB, so called "side loading", then you have a backup and privacy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote