Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Ratings Custom Columns Created From other Columns

Hi.

Can I create a Custom Column built from other columns based on the ratings column that's built-in in Calibre?

And if yes, how would that go?

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The answer to the first part is yes. You can use any column in the template for another column.

The second part depends. And we'd have to ask, "What do you want to do?"

The ratings column has the lookup name of "rating". You use it in a template in the same way you use other columns. And, while it is displayed as stars, it is an integer with the value from 0 to 10. But, only the even numbers are used.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2020, 12:34 AM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The answer to the first part is yes. You can use any column in the template for another column.

The second part depends. And we'd have to ask, "What do you want to do?"

The ratings column has the lookup name of "rating". You use it in a template in the same way you use other columns. And, while it is displayed as stars, it is an integer with the value from 0 to 10. But, only the even numbers are used.
Well that answer THAT question - I came searching for "ratings", finding the 5 stars a bit of a blunt instrument and hoping for the possibility of either .5s or a 1-10 system instead. I guess not
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:45 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Well that answer THAT question - I came searching for "ratings", finding the 5 stars a bit of a blunt instrument and hoping for the possibility of either .5s or a 1-10 system instead. I guess not
You can have a rating type custom column with half stars. I was thinking there was a way to do this with the built-in rating column, but, I can't find the option. That might mean it can't be done, but, it could also mean my search-fu is terrible.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:57 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The builtin column cannot do half stars, custom ones can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert