Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 11:41 PM   #1
CleanYourNibs
CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, Kindles, Boox, a Nook and a Sony
Functioning Ways to Sync/Mirror a Library?

I have a NAS set up, and I'd like to be able to put books on there, syncing the library to a given ereader with a button. Ideally it'd be as simple as it is to drag and drop a folder on any desktop OS where many of the files already exist: it gives the choice to replace or skip, and then moves over all the new files.

However, it seems that SSH is deprecated, and I'm unsure if FTP is supposed to be working—I can't get it to work with another FTP server I have access to, and my NAS is currently only running SMB anyway.

I'd be open to trying to do this with Calibre, but I have a specific layout for my folders in KOReader which isn't the one Calibre suggests; I use /Books/Firstname Lastname/[Titles].epub, whereas Calibre seems to use more subfolders and insists on Lastname, Firstname.

With all of that in mind, what are the ways to "sync" books across devices, and which one seems like it'd let me keep the layout and workflow I like? Or is there no way that'd fit my goals, meaning I should stick with using a cable and a computer?
CleanYourNibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:37 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Syncthing.

Either manually or using a 3rd party plugin: https://github.com/jasonchoimtt/koreader-syncthing (I didn't test it, but the README suggest the author wouldn't mind some users testing the plugin on different platforms)
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 08:13 PM   #3
CleanYourNibs
CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, Kindles, Boox, a Nook and a Sony
I can now confirm that Syncthing works nicely on KOReader on both Kindles and Kobos (as the developer for that plugin doesn't have a Kindle to test it on). I definitely recommend using the plugin on KOReader instead of trying to install it manually on those devices.

I couldn't figure out how to install plugins on Android based ereaders, but for those I was able to just use the Syncthing Android app.
CleanYourNibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #4
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
I use Rsync as a server in my computer and then scripts that I run via NickelMenu or via custom actions in KOReader profiles. Both thinks have to be implemented. In Android I use a custom app I developed.

Not only books are synced but also Sidecar directories with notes and configurations.

I export every book I add to Calibre to a folder (the folder served by Rsync) and the scripts mirror them one way. What it is added/removed from the server is also added/removed in devices when the scripts are executed.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk

Last edited by jospalau; Yesterday at 10:26 AM.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote