Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 01:35 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
I’m still having power drain and no progress on indexing. I erased the library and dropped a smaller group of books in. Just like before no progress is made in the indexing of the text. Could the jailbreak somehow affect that process?
NO.
The "jail break" is a single, 256 byte certificate file in the Kindle's key store.
It is only referenced by the Kindle's update installation routine.
If you aren't installing a package, nothing tries to read it or the key store it is stored in.

You simply have a bad book or books in the group.
The size of the group no longer (for several years) matters with the new indexer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:38 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascosw View Post
I just got it done on my PW3. Took a bit more effort than usual. First time I needed the patched KUAL build and I had to use all the newest builds (MR PI, ScreenSaverHack and Python 2.7) from the snapshot thread.
Sounds more like you have a PW4.
What are the first six (only six) characters of the serial number?
Old 01-21-2019, 02:13 AM   #33
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sounds more like you have a PW4.
Not necessarily. Patched KUAL was required for some (most?) PW3 running 5.9.x.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #34
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Not necessarily. Patched KUAL was required for some (most?) PW3 running 5.9.x.
Read other portion of the post I replied to please. All following the "and I"
Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #35
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Read other portion of the post I replied to please. All following the "and I"
I dunno. I've seen reports of issues with older versions of those packages with 5.9.x and 5.10.x on PW3 as well so I didn't quite see the statement as being particularly indicative of a PW4.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I dunno. I've seen reports of issues with older versions of those packages with 5.9.x and 5.10.x on PW3 as well so I didn't quite see the statement as being particularly indicative of a PW4.
Follow back to the original post, the poster never indicated what firmware version they where running.
So only the general purpose answer applies, since there is no evidence that some specific exception applies.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #37
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Follow back to the original post, the poster never indicated what firmware version they where running.
So only the general purpose answer applies, since there is no evidence that some specific exception applies.
Since this thread is titled "Firmware 5.10.2", I assumed that's what the poster "got it done" installing.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #38
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
I have deleted all books on my device.
Nevertheless I still have a significant power drain. It was never like this for the previous firmware. I was at 5.8.x.
I have the logs, but can't make out how to interpret where power is going.
I'm thinking I could try downgrading to an early firmware (start fresh), rejailbreak, and see if a fresh start does't help.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have deleted all books on my device.
Nevertheless I still have a significant power drain. It was never like this for the previous firmware. I was at 5.8.x.
I have the logs, but can't make out how to interpret where power is going.
I'm thinking I could try downgrading to an early firmware (start fresh), rejailbreak, and see if a fresh start does't help.
On what model device?
I see three in your info box on the left.

Are you observations being made with the USB cord connected or not?
Is this a Wifi-only device or Wifi and WAN device?
Are the observations being made while the device is in airplane mode?
If the device is BlueTooth capable, do you have Bluetooth on or off?

What other things are specific to how you are testing your power drain?
PS: You do know there are system commands to report battery drain / charge rates, correct?

Last edited by knc1; 01-22-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #40
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Are you observations being made with the USB cord connected or not?
Is this a Wifi-only device or Wifi and WAN device?
Are the observations being made while the device is in airplane mode?
If the device is BlueTooth capable, do you have Bluetooth on or off?

What other things are specific to how you are testing your power drain?
PS: You do know there are system commands to report battery drain / charge rates, correct?

Same device I’ve been talking about power drains since earlier in the thread.
I have a Paperwhite 2 WiFi only. No Bluetooth.
Airplane mode off. Not connected to anything via USB.
I’ve been having power drain to low over the day ever since I updated to FW 5.10.2
I have never come across those system commands. Where would I find them? I’m still learning about these things.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 01-22-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #41
knc1
Going Viral

Enable airplane mode, report what the difference that makes.
Search this forum for the 'gasgauge' command.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #42
Sol Arkite
Zealot

Quote:
Same device I’ve been talking about power drains since earlier in the thread.
I have a Paperwhite 2 WiFi only. No Bluetooth.
Airplane mode off. Not connected to anything via USB.
I’ve been having power drain to low over the day ever since I updated to FW 5.10.2
I have never come across those system commands. Where would I find them? I’m still learning about these things.
Sorry. I typed in error. I meant to type "Wifi is off" the airplane mode is on. I usually keep it as such. I know it can have an important drain on the battery.
I am now searching for the tool you recomended.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #43
Sol Arkite
Zealot

Quote:
Search this forum for the 'gasgauge' command.
What did you want me to find?

"KUAL_showtime_12a" doesn't seem to do anything whan I select the options.

also nothing happens when I type the command
"gasgauge-info -s" into the search.

and even if these did diplay the battery % how would that help?
I already know it drains and drains quickly.
the new firmware 5.10.2 shows the %

I already can read in the logs the battery % as it declines.
but i don't know how to find what process is unending.

Not sure what to do next other than the aforementioned plan.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #44
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
gasgauge-info is a shell command.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #45
Sol Arkite
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
gasgauge-info is a shell command.
I figured, but my abilities and time do not allow for me to learn this. I’m not a programmer. A java class was part of my curriculum a long time ago but have forgotten most everything.
I’m feeling stymied because I’m alerting members to a problem, that seems like could affect anyone. I understood that it could have been a book indexing problem, though I was skeptical because the same books had never caused a problem before. However, I’ve proven that it is not the collection, since everything I can delete is gone. I’m trying to be helpful to the community while at the same time trying to solve my problem.
The clues I’m given are cryptic. The site is confusing to navigate and have certainty that I have up to date information.
Frankly, I’m doing my best.