Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
How to configure full mini bar to show only graphic progres (how to instructions)

I asked this feature request in github: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1724

Basically I wanted to have graphic progress bar in separate line, leaving space for textual information. At the moment, it's not possible to achieve it just in one place, we need to use full (upper) status bar for graphic progress bar and lower one we can control from koreader's menu.

So, we need to edit first defaults.lua (I suggest you make this into defaults.persistent.lua, so it survives updates):

Quote:
-- crereader progress bar
-- 0 for top "full" progress bar
-- 1 for bottom "mini" progress bar
DCREREADER_PROGRESS_BAR = 1
We should use here 0 as value to have full (upper) progress bar visible.

Important notice - When we change this, currently active book(s) already used information and saved it, so we need to start a new book, or delete information. Deleting information also looses information about progress, so be aware of that.

After that, we can configure full (upper) progress bar in koreader/data/cr3.ini changing this lines:

Quote:
window.status.battery=1
window.status.battery.percent=0
window.status.clock=0
window.status.line=0
window.status.pos.page.count=1
window.status.pos.page.number=1
window.status.pos.percent=0
window.status.title=1
I put everything here to 0, so there's only graphical line.

Only problem at the moment is spacing from top, line could be a bit higher.

In case you use many information in lower status bar, you'll maybe like to move graphic progress bar from there to upper part of screen.
Alan_S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:39 AM   #2
Yaretzki
Yaretzki doesn't litterYaretzki doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW3
Hello,

I have also seen this feature discussion at github: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1724

I've already started to play with cr3.ini file to configure upper status bar. some comments/questions:
- what is doing this code line? I change value of it but I see no result
Quote:
window.status.line=0
- on upper progress bar there are very, very small chapter makers. Is it possible to make them more visible?

Thx,
Yaretzki
Yaretzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I don't know what this affects.

When I put all to zero (as I mentioned), I have long line across all header, but also a bit of space from top. I also would like to be able to affect this line thickness, as it is possible with lower status bar.

Maybe we would get this in later koreader versions?
Alan_S is online now   Reply With Quote