Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Your current watch can change its face?

Yeah, it's mostly bragware, but it's really cool bragware!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #17
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Your current watch can change its face?

Yeah, it's mostly bragware, but it's really cool bragware!
No but I have 2 watches one white one black and that still cost less that the e-ink watch.

The screen thing is cool but they seemed to have missed the point, why not have it show other stuff like the date? or world times? etc
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or not having physical "hands" at all? That's where I think they missed a bet. Think how much thinner it could be without the hands, or the gears! Probably run forever on a battery too.

Now that's what I call a Time Machine!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Or not having physical "hands" at all? That's where I think they missed a bet. Think how much thinner it could be without the hands, or the gears! Probably run forever on a battery too.

Now that's what I call a Time Machine!
without the physical hands the whole thing is lost. It is the customization of the number display that makes the watch. Besides the hands provide two time zone capability that some watches may not have. I am surprised that the hands don't glow in the dark, given the name of the company and the need to see a watch in the dark.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
without the physical hands the whole thing is lost. It is the customization of the number display that makes the watch. Besides the hands provide two time zone capability that some watches may not have.
I don't see that any of that is necessarily incompatible with the hands being e-ink generated.

It is a bit baffling to me that they didn't make the hands luminous, since they went to the trouble to put them on there and everything.
Advert
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #21
Covak
Covak began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Cool idea, but that looks like a pointless design to me :/ I'd go for just a little rectangle that simply shows "HH:MM" in a nice, pretty font (unlike what any regular old digital watch can do). Especially if it was compact and light weight... maybe the display could be flexible and just meshed right into the strap... yeah...
Covak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #22
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
I wish eink readers had the nice crisp white background that this watch seems to have.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #23
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Fun View Post
I wish eink readers had the nice crisp white background that this watch seems to have.
the magic of photoshop.

i've spent 250 and gotten a lot less, there was that night in london but that is another story and she said she wouldn't tell

maybe with a good hack it could also display books, reflow in a circular screen
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #24
HeffeD
Enthusiast
HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Z22
I don't mind the looks. I'm guess maybe I'm a simplistic fan.

How do we know the hands aren't luminescent? I haven't seen anything that says they aren't, and with a name like Phosphor, it would be a bit odd if there wasn't some phosphorescence going on somewhere...

Unless perhaps the marketing department is confused between phosphorescence and electrophorescence? (or maybe I'm the one confused...)
HeffeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
gbombadil
gbombadil began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
What could be good

I was thinking that a very tasty thing for this gadget could be the possibility to create your own skins and upload them to the watch
gbombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #26
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbombadil View Post
I was thinking that a very tasty thing for this gadget could be the possibility to create your own skins and upload them to the watch
right on. If I could draw my own watch faces, Id be all over it.
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #27
chef
Enthusiast
chef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
No but I have 2 watches one white one black and that still cost less that the e-ink watch.

The screen thing is cool but they seemed to have missed the point, why not have it show other stuff like the date? or world times? etc
The display in the middle can be changed from showing the digital time to showing the month and day.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #28
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Ah, not quite the eInk watch I was expecting. Personally I'm intrigued by the more exotic designs such as what SEIKO has shown off.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
For $250 I would hope that you would be able to change the font style for the numbers, change the style of the hands (and have the hands be eink as well, of course). However, I assume that having the hands be eink would mean that it would need to refresh too often, so that the battery would run down too quickly.

But, just being able to go from black on white to white on black, and change a little part of the display ... not worth the money to me. There are too many great watches out there that are half the price and do so much more while looking better. My current watch gives me the weather report, tells me my altitude, is a stop watch, an alarm clock, and keeps time for me in two time zones.

I suppose it would be brag-ware if it was something to brag about. But, I guess I just don't see spending money on something that doesn't do much in the way of improving on the original device it's patterned after as something to brag about.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote