Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
lrf2html how to use it?

I've been trying to get lrf2html to work and it doesn't seem to work. All I get is an output of a CSS style sheet on screen and no actual HTML file. Am I doing something wrong?

The argument I use is
lrf2html book.lrf
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's not done yet.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's not done yet.
That makes sense then. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
touser
touser began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Is there any kind of eta for about when this will be functional? Sounds like the perfect thing for converting lrf content to the kindle?
touser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I get the time
Advert
Old 04-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Kindle? OMG! Don't do it.. make them buy a 505.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
touser
touser began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
My friends already have kindles, so its a little late.
touser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by touser View Post
My friends already have kindles, so its a little late.
So what you do is you tell them off all the wonderful LRF formatted eBooks you are reading, make them jealous enough to dump their Kindles and get 505s instead.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
greyparrot
eBook enthusiast
greyparrot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX/Kindle 2/Sony PRS-505
I Love My Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So what you do is you tell them off all the wonderful LRF formatted eBooks you are reading, make them jealous enough to dump their Kindles and get 505s instead.
I am the owner of a Cybook Gen 3, Sony PRS-505, and Kindle. I really don't want or need all three, but I ordered the Cybook Gen 3 first and wound up on a very long waiting list (and no estimate for delivery). After waiting longer than I thought reasonable I decided to buy the Sony PRS-505 and cancel the Cybook. The Sony arrived in a couple days, I liked it and went to cancel the Cybook only to find that it had been shipped, so now I had two readers. Then I started looking for books, comparing prices and availability of titles. I had a list of 17 books I wanted and found that all were available on Amazon Kindle but only 15 were available on Fictionwise (I am a member) and 12 on Sony. I could buy the 17 on Amazon for less than I could buy the 12 on Sony (the most expensive book store) and about the same price as the 15 on Fictionwise (after member price and micropay rebate). I also have Audible audiobooks and they work on Kindle so I decided to buy a Kindle. I now have a Kindle and find it is much easier to use because of the size and location of the page buttons. I also like the built-in dictionary, and other features (the pages seem to change faster on the Kindle). Of course even at the lower book prices on Amazon it will take some time to recover the cost of three readers. I highly recommend the Kindle (has the largest inventory of ebooks). My second choice is Sony PRS-505 (it would be equal to Kindle if it had more titles available and they were cheaper). The only problem I have with the Cybook is the single page button, it requires a lot of pressure to activate and makes my finger sore after awhile. All three have pros and cons and none have all the features I'd like, but Kindle is closest. Also, I'm a Mac user and I'm not tied to a Windows PC (except for one time authorizing Audible) which you are with Sony book store. (The option of buying LIT and converting to LRF requires Windows PC so that's not available.)
greyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Guesser
Guesser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm looking forward to this too. I lost all my progress correcting/formatting a book in Book Designer (if you slip and click "new" instead of "save", and then click the close button on the dialog instead of cancel, it kills it..). I had been testing out some output LRF's, so I'm holding off on continuing so that I can extract the corrected text when a tool exists.
Guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It should exist soon, this is at the top of my TODO list now.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #12
Guesser

Quote:
It should exist soon, this is at the top of my TODO list now.
Sounds great - Good luck. Having a path toward editing the content will open up a lot of possibilities (reformatting, tweaking, edits, illustrations, etc.).
Old 05-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can already do that using lrf2lrs and lrs2lrf
Old 05-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #14
Guesser

Quote:
You can already do that using lrf2lrs and lrs2lrf
Interesting... I had found a reference to the lrf2lrs tool, but hadn't found anything that takes LRS files as an input. I'll check it out.

I got a bit sidetracked in my search and ended up finding a shareware version of ABC Amber Sony Converter 1.05 available for download. It appears to have extracted the text out sans indenting and italics.. but will still help solve my current problem

Last edited by Guesser; 05-10-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
lrf2html -o xxx mybook.lrf
Parsing LRF...
Reading metadata...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lrf2html", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.68', 'console_scripts', 'lrf2html')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/convert_to.py", line 117, in main
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/convert_to.py", line 108, in process_file
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/convert_to.py", line 51, in __init__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/convert_to.py", line 56, in create_metadata
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 233, in get_metadata
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 312, in restore_pos
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 566, in get_cover
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 542, in get_objects_by_type
TypeError: 'dict' object is not callable
I get the error above with lrf2html (calibre 0.4.68). Happens with any book. I'm using Kubuntu 8.04.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, lrf2html