Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Big design flaw in the new firmware beta 2.0

hi guys at Irex, I want let you consider one thing about the new firmware..

1) to read a book without having to keep the pen in hand is obviously way more comfortable

2)when you zoom, with selection zoom, a pdf document you are than forced to use the panning mode with the pen to read all the page, cause the flip bar on the left simply allow to change the page to the next page in the same place previously showed when you are in "selection zoom" mode; instead when you are in panning mode (that you need to go to view all the page) the flip bar simply move the zoomed viewable area up and down so you again are forced to use the pen again to change this time the page and go to the next page using the arrows at the bottom.

3) so in any case when you read a zoomed pdf (maybe even the other formats, I didn't try yet) you are forced to keep the pen in your hand and continuously using it in order simply to read.

4) a simple solution would be to let the left flip bar to act when the page is zoomed at first like in panning mode, letting all the portions of the page show, and after, when the last portion is reached and the bar pressed again, like in selection zoom mode letting change the page and go to the next page..

let me know what you think about it..

Last edited by repods; 05-19-2010 at 05:13 AM.
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I agree, it would be more simple in panning mode, when the end of a page is reached and you press the flipbar, to go to the beginning of the next page. It's annoying to use the pen all the time in order to switch the page and the flipbar in order to get to the top of the page.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I agree, it would be more simple in panning mode, when the end of a page is reached and you press the flipbar, to go to the beginning of the next page. It's annoying to use the pen all the time in order to switch the page and the flipbar in order to get to the top of the page.
right, this is exactly what I mean..
Old 05-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
4) a simple solution would be to let the left flip bar to act when the page is zoomed at first like in panning mode, letting all the portions of the page show, and after, when the last portion is reached and the bar pressed again, like in selection zoom mode letting change the page and go to the next page..
I believe this exact idea has already been discussed. I'd have to go back to find out if any iRex developers responded to it though, but I'm pretty sure the request was made.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe this exact idea has already been discussed. I'd have to go back to find out if any iRex developers responded to it though, but I'm pretty sure the request was made.
And this should be simple to implement, so I hope that in the final version it is in..

Personally I always read the books zoomed, being the 8 inch screen too little for technical books, and I have to use always the pen only to read.

Another thing that they MUST do is to fix the landscape mode.. If the landscape mode would work correctly ANY kind of document could be read easily on dr800, even the A4, with not even the need of the zoom.

let's hope they read here and reply something..
Advert