Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
atkach
atkach began at the beginning.

Device: fbreader
calibre2opds: missing download links in FBReader

Anatoly Tkach: 29/10/2017 at 22:38

I tried to use the OPDS catalog generated using Calibre2opds v3.5 (stored on the pCloud public folder) with two different e-reading apps on Android:
In FBReader all books are perfectly presented, but the download links for them are not.
In Moon+ the catalog menu is loaded, but when I tap on Authors or All books the following error is popped up: No validated OPDS content

itimpi: 30/10/2017 at 05:24

I have no experience of pCloud, so I do not know if it is compatible with Calibre2opds generated catalogs. Most cloud services seem not to be as they are not capable of functioning as if they were a web server, although your description suggests that pCloud might be OK.

Does the HTML version of the Calibre2opds generated catalog work (including the download links) using a browser? If it does not then there is no chance of the OPDS version working? Also I have had previous reports of the Moon+ reader having problems with some OPDS catalogs although I do not know why.

BTW: comments here are easily missed. You are more likely to get noticed if you post to the Related Tools area of the Calibre forum on mobileread.com.

Anatoly Tkach: 30/10/2017 at 17:58

Hi! Thank you for a quick response.

Yes, the HTML version works fine and presents the download links with no problem, here it is: https://filedn.com/lMc4CEha0o2Fojc0g...log/index.html, so pCloud is working fine as a public web service.

However, the OPDS link (https://filedn.com/lMc4CEha0o2Fojc0g...alog/index.xml) being inserted in FBReader produces perfect catalog and allows browsing the books, but the book page has no download link.

The Moon+ also produces the catalog, but it does not allow browsing the books, and produces an error "No validated OPDS content"

I don't care much about Moon+ cause I use FBReader for all other OPDS catalogs. I tried with Moon+ just because it was mentioned in one of the instructions on your website.

Could you please suggest an Android ereader app which you've tested working good with Calibre2opds catalogs, and showing the download links?
atkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I had a quick look at the link you provided, and it does not look as if you have ePub versions of the books in your library. ePub is the format that I tend to use for my OPDS compatible apps. It might be worth seeing if you still have a problem if ePub files are present.

I personally do not use an Android based ereader so am not in a good position to advise as to suitable apps. Hopefully someone else can help here?

I also note that although the HTML catalog on the link you gave displays fine, that none of the download links actually work, but all come up with a "404 file not found" error! Is this intentional? It suggests that the underlying ebook files cannot be found.

Last edited by itimpi; 10-30-2017 at 03:05 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert