Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #826
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
This is off topic but hope someone has info to share as many people in this thread seem to have multiple library accounts. I have been trying to find an up to date list of libraries that offer non-resident cards totally online. (Do not need to apply/pay in person). Unfortunately, the resources I have found on this topic are old/not accurate.

These are the libraries I currently belong to that meet this criteria. If anyone else knows of others I would appreciate your feedback. If I could only have 1 card I would go with Brooklyn. They seem to have more nonfiction & books others do not carry. I am probably going to cancel Houston as their waitlist is always very long. (Many books in count are in Spanish.)

Brooklyn PL (NY) --- $50/ yr --> 104,428 (#epub)
Orange Cty (FL) ---- $150/ yr --> 89,122
Free Lib Phil (PA) -- $60/ yr ---> 21,990
Fairfax Cnty (VA) --- $27/ yr --> 20,961
Houston Pub (TX) -- $40/ yr --> 34,143
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #827
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Because of my readings (mystery cozy, romance), I would go with Orange Cty if I could ony have a card (I have the first three in your list).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #828
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
If I could only have 1 card I would go with Brooklyn. They seem to have more nonfiction & books others do not carry. I am probably going to cancel Houston as their waitlist is always very long.
Unless something has changed, Houston now requires you to appear in person to get your card. Since you already have it, that's not an issue, but it would be for new people. Otherwise, that list is up-to-date.

I agree that Brooklyn is pretty good, but if you like the type of books that Fairfax has, it's a bargain at $27/year. Orange County and Free Library of Philadelphia also give access to Freading, which has a large selection of older books. Some hold times at FLP Overdrive are pretty long, though.

One thing about Brooklyn is that if you have a card, you can then sign up for a New York Public Library card and tie it to your Brooklyn card. You have to go to a New York library in person, but once I did, I got a 3 year, free New York card. Maybe that's because I live in Connecticut, but I don't know. I do know that nothing on the NYPL website says anything about CT being special as far as non-resident cards are concerned, and I do not have any of the other qualifications (work, live in, pay taxes in, etc.) for a resident card.

Last, I went to Las Vegas recently, and signed up for their free non-resident card. I knew it would expire after 3 months, but I go often enough that I could keep it enabled most of the time. The problem is that their non-resident card gives you no access to any online lending features, so it's pretty much useless. The website doesn't make that clear until you have an account created.
nabsltd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #829
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not know Houston now requires you to apply in person. That may become a problem when it is time for me to renew. It seems there are only a few libraries that allow you to do the application & renewal process completely online. If you know of any others I would be interested in hearing about them.

Hold times can be long at some facilities but this great plug-in is a tremendous help if you have multiple libraries.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #830
seacity1
Zealot

Book found in Hoopla by search but results not shown in Calibre ID.

Accessing library Hoopla
Get https://www.hoopladigital.com/bundle.js
Search Hoopla for somebody by matt richards
Get https://hoopla-ws.hoopladigital.com/...wVersion=4.0.7
Found: Somebody To Love by Mark Langthorne [11768479@ho, @ho/, Hoopla Book Reader, 2016-06-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Found 1 book in 1.3 sec
Old 06-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #831
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
Book found in Hoopla by search but results not shown in Calibre ID.
Searching that book at Hoopla works for me and links to the book in my calibre library. It would be helpful to see the rest of the log.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #832
seacity1
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Searching that book at Hoopla works for me and links to the book in my calibre library. It would be helpful to see the rest of the log.
I tried it again & this time it linked the book to Hoopla.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #833
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Prime Library (Amazon) changes??

@jhowell,
Have the search requirements for Kindle Prime (now Prime Reading) changed? I know they rotate those books more, but I haven't gotten it to return things I know are valid. I also don't think the Lending Library exists anymore (I think that was Prime). I admit, what I've just typed is sounds confusing.
Is this something you need to review?
I can't tell if your "prime" pulls from the Lending Library if it still exists, or if it now applies to the newer Prime Reading.

My goal, if it's not too much work or little return, is to have the following if possible:
1) One for Prime Reading (as this would replace the current "prime" library you have set up as this seems no longer valid)
2) One for Prime Reading w/Narration

Is this possible?

And THANK YOU for the Audible fix/update.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #834
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
My goal, if it's not too much work or little return, is to have the following if possible:
1) One for Prime Reading (as this would replace the current "prime" library you have set up as this seems no longer valid)
2) One for Prime Reading w/Narration
As far as I know the Kindle Owner's Lending Library still exists for owners of Kindle devices. Amazon calls these books "Prime Eligible". You can borrow only one per month from a catalog that is pretty much the same as Kindle Unlimited. Configure in the plugin with the library id 'prime'.

Prime Reading has a much smaller catalog and is available to Amazon Prime members. Amazon calls these books "Prime Reading Eligible". Configure in the plugin with the library id 'reading'.

If you have a specific example of a book in one of these groups that the plugin misses then let me know and I can check into why the plugin does not find it.

I don't have time right now to look into supporting restricting the search to books with Audible narration, but I will add it to my list as a possible future enhancement.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #835
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

@jhowell,

This info works. Thank You. As it throttled when I was trying to get an example, I don't have one right now. I also just worked on cleaning up links which also throttles...
Still, I think I get it now and have added "reading" to my list with things working so far.
If there is a further challenge, I'll let you know. If you can get around to the Prime with narration at some point, that would be great as it's what I looking for when I use Prime Reading.

In doing all of this cleanup, I have some suggestions I may post later regarding the interface and steps needed to do a task. I'll work with them a lot more before posting.

Thanks again for this great plug-in and responsiveness!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #836
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
The Pima county library OneClick service has changed to a new company or host site. Via the library website I have found the new address is pimacoaz.rbdigital.com and I have customized the plugin to use that address. However, the job logs keep saying:

Accessing library Pima OC
Get http://pimacoaz.rbdigital.com
Get http://pimacoaz.rbdigital.com/spa/co...1-e77884b204ae
Signing in to Pima OC: : HTTPError (Not Found)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 957, in sign_in
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.one_click_digital" , line 119, in sign_in
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.net", line 159, in open_url
File "urllib2.py", line 435, in open
File "urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
File "urllib2.py", line 473, in error
File "urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Search Pima OC for progress by edward abbey
Cannot perform search at Pima OC due to sign in failure

I have re-registered with the rbdigital service and tried putting my new logon ID and password in the customization info for the plugin but still get the same result.

Can't figure out what to do next. Can you help, please?
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #837
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
The Pima county library OneClick service has changed to a new company or host site.
Cannot perform search at Pima OC due to sign in failure
There were some website changes when OneClickdigital changed over to RBdigital this week. This will be fixed in the next plugin release.

PS: In this case "sign in" is just establishing a session with the website for performing searches. Any sign-in credentials that you supply to the plugin for OCD/RBD are ignored.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-07-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #838
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Excellent. Thanks much.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #839
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.15.0 - 10 Jul 2017

OneClickdigital has become RBdigital. Handle website change. (Fixes "Signing in to xxx: : HTTPError (Not Found)")

Handle website change at Scribd. (Fixes warning "count=1 but have 0 results")
Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #840
jecilop
Addict

What field contains the ids links generated in the book details

@jhowell,

I'm trying to add the links generated in the details panel to my custom book jacket. Even if I can get the field ID from you, I'm not sure it will work. However, I want to try.

The jacket may not allow utilization of certain default fields. However, you create links using default name such as Google or user named libraries as well as # marks for additional results (love this). I figure the Ids field that you use in the details panel to show these must be a custom field of some sort your plug-in creates.

Whatever the case, I'd like to be able to use the information exactly as seen and clickable in the book details panel.

Any field name you can share on this? I haven't been able to find it outside of the actual identifiers field with the "long" unique identifiers. I want to play with it more to see if I can make it work for me in the actual epub.

Tags
id=model, overdrive