Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #121
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.59 -2017-06-19 New GUI Tool: Shortcut Placeholder for Main GUI Layout Button [Lower Right Corner]. Calibre 3.0.0 and higher only.
thanks

Added - was fine in 3.0 -- Alt+Ctrl+L to show the list, arrow down to required item, enter to to toggle. But with 3.1, I get a row of icons that MUST be clicked. So, I think I would prefer to use the option of 5 buttons on the status bar <sigh>

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-23-2017 at 10:13 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #122
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(Post about deprecated functionality, so post deleted)

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-25-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Deprecated Functionality.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #123
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Version 1.0.65 -2017-06-24 GUI Tool: Shortcut Placeholders for GUI 'Layout' button and its 5 sub-buttons have been totally redesigned for Calibre Version 3.1. The placeholders work regardless of whether the 'Layout' button itself is displayed or the individual icons are displayed instead. The Version 3.0 'Layout' button shortcut placeholder has been removed, since as of Version 3.1 it adds no value.

Calibre's GUI toolkit will automatically add your chosen shortcut to the menu. The shortcuts displayed in the attached image are only representative of what your chosen shortcuts will look like.

See the attached image.
Thanks for the update, but what do the JS+ shortcuts do that the equivalent Miscellaneous shortcuts don't do? See attachment

The Miscellaneous ones work irrespective of the setting (checked/unchecked) of Preferences->Look and Feel->Show layout buttons in the status bar (needs restart).

One difference is that the JS+ shortcuts do not appear as tool tips for the individual buttons when the L&F setting is checked, whereas the shortcuts in Miscellaneous are shown as tooltips.

This is what I had in mind when I first suggested the Layout button in the beta testing thread:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	157515

But as you know the keyboard navigable list of textual show/hide toggles has been superseded by a row of click only buttons.

And I've discovered that if I set the Miscellaneous Custom shortcuts to None the default shortcuts are reinstated. In the above image the Shift+Alt+B . . . Shift+Alt+T have been 'whited' out. I haven't checked thoroughly, but I think I've been able to overwrite default shortcuts with None elsewhere.

I was hoping I could dispense with the shortcuts for the individual toggles. For infrequently used functions (such as these show/hide toggles), I prefer to use the menu-key and arrows rather than multi-key sequences.

FWIW: I wouldn't have calibre install any preset multi-key keyboard shortcuts. Most people don't use them, except inadvertently, and those that want them will soon find out where to configure them. But it's too late now of course.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	157516  

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-24-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #124
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I haven't checked thoroughly, but I think I've been able to overwrite default shortcuts with None elsewhere.
Yeah I have quite a few Custom settings of None.

I've made Edit Metadata->Merge (which I never use) 'None', instead of 'M'; given Edit Metadata 'M', instead of 'E'; and given Edit Book 'E', instead of 'T'.

I never use Clear the additional restriction or Create a temporary virtual library so I made their custom shortcuts 'None'. They're also close to some Windows shortcuts, so if I mis-keyed Ctrl+Shift+Esc for Task Manager, I might suddenly acquire a temporary VL - whatever :lol:

Slightly off-topic, Could JS+ provide a sortable list of assigned shortcuts, I'm sure other keyboard centric users would welcome it, something like the one in Sigil Preferences would be nice, viz:

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	157517

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-24-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #125
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.66 -2017-06-25 Miscellaneous Tweaks for colorization

Version 1.0.66 -2017-06-25 Miscellaneous Tweaks for colorization. Customization ToolTips changed. Redundant functionality in a GUI Tool has been removed; use Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Miscellaneous instead.

DaltonST
Old 06-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #126
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Redundant functionality in a GUI Tool has been removed; use Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Miscellaneous instead.
Thanks for your valiant efforts, but the clickety-click gods conspired to thwart us ಠ_ಠ.

BR
Old 06-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #127
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.67 -2017-06-26 New GUI Tool: List Active Keyboard Shortcuts

See the attached example.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_list_active_keyboard_shortcuts.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	157552  
Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #128
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Wunderbar -

BR
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 AM   #129
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Hi, this is just a 'if you can great, but if not it's not terrible' thing. I love the colors, and am having fun experimenting, but I am slightly bothered that the tooltips (or descriptions when hovering) are now the same color as the changed color. Hope that makes sense?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:28 AM   #130
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.68 -GUI Tool for Colors: ToolTips changed to be the default Calibre style

Edit: Version 1.0.68 -2017-06-27 GUI Tool for Colors: ToolTips changed to be the default Calibre style.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-27-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More Information
Old 07-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #131
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.71 New GUI Tool: Mega-Metadata Reference Book Creation Helper

Version 1.0.71 -2017-07-01 New GUI Tool: Mega-Metadata Reference Book Creation Helper

See the attached image. The ToolTips in the Customization dialog explain what it does and why.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_mega_metadata_reference_book_helper.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	157673  
Old 07-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #132
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.73 New GUI Tool: "Invert Selection" (Currently Selected Books)

I missed the easy Windows Explorer "Invert Selection" command, so I made this trivial GUI Tool to mimic it. See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_invert_selection.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	157987  
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #133
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Hello.

With the new Copy 2 Library feature, would it be possible to add an option in Job Spy that "removes" or disables all the single libraries and just shows the new field, that when I click on it show me all my libraries active in calibre.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #134
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hello.

With the new Copy 2 Library feature, would it be possible to add an option in Job Spy that "removes" or disables all the single libraries and just shows the new field, that when I click on it show me all my libraries active in calibre.

To clarify, you wish to be able to skip the huge list of libraries, and go directly to the dialog that you open by clicking the the "Choose Library..." text at the upper left of the first column of that huge multi-column list? Via a Favorites or a Keyboard shortcut? That's it?

DaltonST
Old 08-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #135
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Yes, it would be very nice to skip the very long list of the copying/moving options of all the different libraries and instead just have the new feature open, when I click on Copy to Library.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools