Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-18-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Gregfromcos
Gregfromcos is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-950
Recipes seem to simply hang for me

I use The Economist recipe frequently and it's had issues lately with stopping frequently, but it would usually run every 2nd or 3rd time I'd try to run it.

But starting today I can't get it to run at all. Have rebooted multiple times. Shut of my AV. Rebooted my router and modem. Upgraded Calibre. I've tried running other recipes that have worked in the past (Atlantic, New Yorker, NPR) but they all are doing the same thing.

They show that they have started but when I go to jobs window, they all just have a status of Waiting... and say the Progress is unavailable. I've left them run for hours and they don't move. The other thing is, if I try to stop them by "Stopping Selected Jobs" they won't stop. I have to close Calibre.

Ideas on What should I try next?
Gregfromcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your symptoms are typical of security software blocking calibre worker processes because they conclude they are malware as they access the internet a lot. You say you already turned off your AV, are you sure you did? Modern AV tries very hard to resist being turned off. You can also rty rebooting in safe mode (but with networking enabled).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Gregfromcos
Gregfromcos is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-950
Tried a few other ways to stop AV with no luck. Rebooted in Safe mode with networking and got the same thing. Finally did a full reinstall and seems to be working again. Very odd.
Gregfromcos is offline   Reply With Quote