Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
beopst
beopst began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
The latest firmware problem (1.0.06.03210)

Hi, everyone.

Recently, I upgraded the firmware (1.0.06.03210) from Sony website.
After the upgrade, I got a wifi trouble, so I restored T1 using the unrooting package of 1.0.05.11130. It was my terrible mistake.

Currently, my T1 has still wifi problem and cannot be connected to computer.
I think it cannot be fixed unless the restore package for 1.0.06.03210 is released.

Please let me know if you have a solution for this problem or the restore package for the latest firmware.

Thank you for all your help !!
beopst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Can one re-install older Firmware?

First: I'm not sure if I can help with your problem. But maybe this might. At the following site:
http://www.sony.de/support/de/conten...130-win/PRS-T1

you can still get a previous version of the PRS T1 firmware.

You need to check the box "I habe die Nutz..."(I've read the terms) then hit "Herunterladen"(download).

Now try to do a factory-reset on your T1:
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.bGE&cad=rja

Third: un-install any and all versions of Sony's Reader Sofware from your PC.
I know Sony says that this is the right software for your T1, but it really just makes any problems you have worse!

Fourth: cross your fingers and try to hook it up via USB. Wait a while, an efed up T1 can be fickle. Last chance: try to connect it to a friends pc.

If you get it connected run the firmware installer of the older version(PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe).
GOOD LUCK!

I pre-ordered the PRS T1 at the very start and did all the updates(there were few) and i gotta say I'm really happy with it, even if there were problems at the start. But I never rooted(don't mess with something that works). The previous post makes me very sceptical about the latest frimware update.

So, unless you really need GoogleBooks on your T1
--- I don't recommend using the latest update(1.0.06.03210)

ps: Google doesn't have the best book store on the internet, but it is one of the better helpers to find resources in the best (meta)"book store" that is the internet.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Edit: removed bad advice on updating the linux way (which, unfortunately, still requires a working USB connection).

Last edited by rkomar; 05-06-2014 at 05:09 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote