Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #61
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This is what I have been waiting for. I would buy this instantly no matter what the price is. Ok, under $1000.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #62
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Big screen is good but why they don't use Triton 2 Color screen same as jetBook Color 2?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #63
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
For educational use, it needs the ability to block games being added to the device. I am a teacher at a school that introduced tablets and it is a never-ending problem.
I don't know what the situation is for tablets, but I used to teach computers. The best solution was to know the technology better than the kids. After a few weeks, they realized that I had a "telepathic" ability to detect when they where goofing off and most of them gave up trying. The telepathy was little more than recognizing visual cues, some of which were on screen and some of which were in their posture. (Either way, it's a lot easier to detect than the visual cues of goofing off in non-technology classrooms.)
Old 05-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #64
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
For educational use, it needs the ability to block games being added to the device. I am a teacher at a school that introduced tablets and it is a never-ending problem.
I support a far superior, time tested solution over attempting to gimp the hardware.

Go back to flunking students who don't learn the material.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #65
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
WOW, hopefully it can be made avaliable to the market internationally before christmas, this is something I really want to have at the end of this year.

Also, I just had a thing flashed through my head about sth I used to play with when I was in elementry school, it is sth look like this:

So I was thinking, like the lighted cover on PRS readers to read in dark, wouldn't it be nice to have a lighted pen (maybe as a seperate purchasable accessory) for using this note slate to write in dark?

If this slate device will be a front lit already, then forget about what I just said, I would love a front lit. I'm just thinking in case its not.

Last edited by ghero; 05-19-2013 at 05:47 AM.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #66
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I support a far superior, time tested solution over attempting to gimp the hardware.

Go back to flunking students who don't learn the material.
I agree. It's the wrong approach. No software block is going to keep someone from holding a comic book in front of the lesson text like we used to do.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #67
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
c) let more than one page of the same document be open at the same time (as different tabs) thus enabling quick jumping between pages, for instance to go back to a table or formula.
Same idea, but switching back and forth between a quiz and the answer key.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #68
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
the writing speed from the video looks fantastic. add epub support and i'll be waiting/fighting others off to get it first.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #69
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
at SID http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/s...aper-hands-on/
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #70
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Hands on video, people:

As rumored, not flexible (the screen indivually considered is, but not the final product).
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It's not flexible in that you can't roll or fold it up to put it away, but it is flexible enough that bending it a bit won't break it. Also, if it was as flexible as a sheet of paper, it would be as hard to write on as a sheet of paper if you were just holding it in one hand. You would need to put it on something flat and firm to be able to use it. So, personally, I don't mind if it's somewhat stiff.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #72
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
However, there is one key feature that (in my opinion) can make or break the success of this product in such contexts. Namely, the ability to quickly and easily jump between different documents and/or between different pages of the same document. It would be great to be able to:
a) keep more than one document open at the same time (i.e., as tabs);
b) jump among the open documents instantly, i.e. by clicking on the relevant tab;
c) let more than one page of the same document be open at the same time (as different tabs) thus enabling quick jumping between pages, for instance to go back to a table or formula.
Agreed, these would be quite necessary when used in acadamia. I would love it!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #73
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Tabs and Tab List (side panel) of all opened documents, in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRPSqCyq2k

Last edited by markom; 05-28-2013 at 02:41 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #74
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Tabs and Tab List (side panel) of all opened documents, in action.
Thank you, markom. It really looks like the tab system I am hoping for. Let's hope this product actually sees the (commercial) light of day, possibly without a terribly high price tag...
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #75
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Plastic logic had something just like this at 10". They were going to sell it for around $800 but the iPad came out and they realized it would not cut it.

This looks like it will be good for college and business -- any where people need to read and annotate technical, legal, business documents. It's Sony, so it will be premium pricing. But I think it's what a lot of people having been waiting for.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote