Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
developerzero
developerzero is on a distinguished road

Device: none (sadly)
Exclamation Sony PRS-505 for $199.99 @ Borders

Like the title says, Borders currently has a coupon good towards $100 off a new Sony PRS-505 (total = $199.99, not counting Sales Tax).

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...L_20090609_REW

Note: You MUST have a borders rewards card to redeem (they are free).

-Ryan

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Borders, but I love shopping there.

P.S. If this is in the wrong area, please move it where appropriate.
developerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Wow, that's a pretty good deal, thanks for the heads-up. How come I didn't get this in my email?
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #3
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
You beat me to it!! I was just gonna post this. If I didn't have my 505 by now, it would've been hard to pass this up!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm trying to let some people I know who were thinking about one to get it now, that's a great price. I wonder if this means it'll be on sale more?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just reserved one at my local Borders for tonight.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Hey guys, I'm thinking about biting on this, but I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean they are going to release a new one soon and they are trying to clear out stock?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
There's a banner across the webpage at borders.com for this offer, so it's not confined to Borders rewards club members, at least on the website. I don't know about in-store, but since shipping is free, anyone can take advantage of this deal.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
I just called the local Borders in NJ after just signing up for the card. The manager reserved the 505 at the register and said I did not need a coupon.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #9
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking about biting on this, but I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean they are going to release a new one soon and they are trying to clear out stock?
If they were planning to release a new Reader it probably wouldn't be a direct replacement for the 505. If anything a new device would have more features like wi-fi or wireless.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
Camann
Camann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the "heads up!" Great deal....ordered....have been wanting the Sony 505 as a companion to my Kindle.
Camann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
That's a great price! I already have a 505 that I got at Fry's for $250 and I thought that was a deal.

FWIW I have both the 505 and Kindle 2. (Gave away my Kindle 1 to my mother in law). They each have their merits. I really like the Amazon store and downloading paid for books via whispernet. I also think the Kindle 2 interface is better designed and more elegant.

But for books that I download or scan or convert from other formats, I find that I generally prefer the 505.

Also, I kind of get sick of having every book I read look the same. Switching readers enhances the experience.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysax View Post
Also, I kind of get sick of having every book I read look the same. Switching readers enhances the experience.
You could just change the font on your Sony reader everytime you got bored
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
PeeBus
PeeBus began at the beginning.

Device: EBookwise 1150
Just ordered one! They ship to Canada for $5.98. Great deal!
PeeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBus View Post
Just ordered one! They ship to Canada for $5.98. Great deal!
Last time I did something of this nature the exchange rate, duties, tariffs and brokerage fees made it more expensive than simply finding and ordering from a Canadian retailer. Please let us know how things work out for you.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
musichelle
musichelle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / iRex iLiad
sad that this not available for buyers outside the US.
musichelle is offline   Reply With Quote