Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #106
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
http://www.netbooknews.it/sony-prs-t...one-13-agosto/

In this web, they said that official specs aren't the same that appear in j&r

I wish it :-P
They misread my post. Here is what I wrote:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...nch-on-monday/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #107
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I was hoping for some place in the case to store the stylus, but doesn't look like that will happen with the T2 either.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #108
pings
pings began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Where is the correct Sony release info? Wasn't it suppose to be now on Monday the 13th of august?
pings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #109
IorekB
IorekB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T3S
Regarding the reduced number of dictionaries: Maybe they are planning to do a switch towards single-language versions?

While I really do appreciate the large number of dictionaries on my german PRS-T1, their notable disadvantage is that they all go to and from English as the reference language. As I am not a native English speaker, this is mostly fine for me when reading english books. It is quite not so convenient when reading a book written in another european language like French.

When offering single language versions, the dictionaries might become more universally usable by a greater number of people. But perhaps that would mean SONY are becoming too similar to Kindle, losing an unique selling point...
IorekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #110
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by IorekB View Post
Regarding the reduced number of dictionaries: Maybe they are planning to do a switch towards single-language versions?
Possibly.
More likely, the advertised T2 is a NorthAmerican configuration and has only the dictionaries for the primary languages in NA to make room for the Evernote and Facebook apps.

I suspect they'll feature a different configuration for the European markets.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #111
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IorekB View Post
There's an ad that mentions a dozen dictionaries:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...tember-for-99/
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #112
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Extremly disappointed again :-(
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #113
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I'm wondering how they are implementing Evernote Clearly. There's not currently an Android app for it: it's currently a addon to Chrome and Firefox, so I'm betting it will be built in to the browser to streamline the browsing process.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #114
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I'm wondering how they are implementing Evernote Clearly. There's not currently an Android app for it: it's currently a addon to Chrome and Firefox, so I'm betting it will be built in to the browser to streamline the browsing process.
My guess is that the T2 will be able to receive content saved via Clearly, not save it. This means the T2 might have a way to log in to your Evernote account.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #115
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Bah. My main gripes with the T1 were the lack of 3g, no auto-delivery of magazines, smaller screen (than the 9xx series), and lack of stylus storage. None of that seems to be fixed (maybe auto-delivery has been fixed? - I hope, I hope).

Anyhow, none of this makes me want to give up my 950. Truly, I wish they reintroduced the 950, I could use a new one (mine is all 'worn out' - I have used it every day, massively, since release).

I strongly suspect my next purchase will be something with a 'glow' screen.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #116
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sony as a corporation has serious problems, eReaders are a miniscule part of their annual turnover. Consequence is that the most conservative and timid managers are moved to that division. Japanese are genuinely surprised when they find out that the whole Western world doesn't have English as their primary mother tongue, conservative and timid managers don't know how to deal with that, form (amount of dictionaries) take precedence over substance (choice of dictionaries).
The one part where they are usually competent and aggressive though, is the introduction of new technology. It would surprise me if the PRS-T2 will be as mundane as described in earlier posts.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #117
aiheaka
Author: Thorns Of A Thief
aiheaka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I for one am glad that Sony is getting involved in the ereader device market. They more competitors, the lower the price of the product.
Does anyone know what software this reader will use?

Thanks in advance.
aiheaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #118
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiheaka View Post
I for one am glad that Sony is getting involved in the ereader device market. They more competitors, the lower the price of the product.
Does anyone know what software this reader will use?

Thanks in advance.
Sony has been there from the beginning..

And no, until it is announced we wont know anything about the OS.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #119
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Sony has been there from the beginning..

And no, until it is announced we wont know anything about the OS.
Surely it will be android again
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #120
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
looks like release date is thursday this week

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UCoCHJ2PVvA
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote