Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
I've done a lot for calibre. You just don't know it because I don't trumpet it around.
My post had nothing to do with how much you have done for calibre, (I may well be using features that you worked on), but was simply a comment on your attitude regarding the lxml issue.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because pot, illegal characters are already stripped from both the title and the text_summary in the __init__ method of Article class. So your exception isn't because of illegal characters.
That is not what the traceback says, and I confirmed that with a try/except traceback at line 177 in templates.py
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A try except does not confirm anything other than that an exception occurs there. something that is already evident from the traceback. The question is why the exception occurs. Since non printable ascii chars and null chars have already been removed, you need to figure out why the exception is occurring and if you do figure that out, come up with a patch that prevents it happening in general.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
And the message in the original traceback means nothing? My purpose in placing the try was to confirm where the error arose. I then checked the periodical being processed and sure enough the garbage characters showed up in the web browser. So I'm not sure what further diagnosis cab be done except to look at the code you say is stripping out these characters. If you point me at the code i will have a look.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Error messages often dont mean what they say. People rarely update error messages to cover every condition that can trigger the error.

Article.__init__ in feeds/__init__.py

"Garbage characters" doesn't mean much. The fact that the characters are not interpretable by a human does not neccessarily mean anything. lxml chokes on unicode strings that ascii control codes or null characters. Both those are taken care of already. If there is some other well defined character set that lxml chokes on, that is not valid in a unicode text string, then that can be added, though I suspect that is not the case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote