Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Writer2ePub 1.2.0 beta

Hi all,

in attach you will find Writer2ePub version 1.2.0.
It is still a beta, but is working quite well.
Because I change a lot of code, before the official release I need some testing.

New features:
– Preferences: some preferences are now available in the Metadata window and are saved with the .odt file.
– Mobipocket: now you can export both ePub and Mobipocket files, needs Kindlegen downloadable for free at Amazon site.
– Images: now the positioning in the ePub now respect the position in the .odt file (left, center, right)
– Index: a new option to save a index page within the ePub file. This is useful to create index also in Mobipocket files.
– Bugs: solved some minor bugs and improved the LibreOffice compatibility.

Work in progress:
– Font embed

Please note! Change the extension of the downloaded file from .zip to .oxt!

Thanks for your feedback!

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 07-10-2012 at 01:55 AM.
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Update…

update with some bug correction… not all functons in document preferences are active.
I'm waiting your feedback!

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 07-10-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
In LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 after clicking OK in Preferences it give this error:
BTW after LOffice 3.4 , all versions above gived the same error.

bladex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Running w2epub gave an error-

Error 1: an exception occurred
Type:
com.sun.star.beans.UnknownPropertyException
At line : 272
03/05/2012 11:58:02

After a few minutes LibraOffice crashed.

This file converted OK with previous version of W2Epub.

Only other difference is now using LO 3.5 instead of 3.4
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Thankx to Bladex01 and to Weedfreak, I understand both problems and I'm working to solve them.
In a couple of days I vill release a new beta.
I'm working also to a better image handling and a basic fonts embedding.

Luke
Old 05-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
bladex01

Sorry, that i posting here, but versions 1.1.16 and 1.1.17 have the same error in Libre Office above version 3.4
Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladex01 View Post
Sorry, that i posting here, but versions 1.1.16 and 1.1.17 have the same error in Libre Office above version 3.4
What is your Operating System?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
bladex01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #9
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Downloading, Luke, I'll try it this week.
Thank you!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
MalinFox
MalinFox began at the beginning.

Device: all
Luke--just tried out 1.2 with OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7 and it works beautifully on a text document with images inline. The only warning found in epubCheck was that the content.opf generates this line:

<reference type="toc" title="Table of contents" href="text/toc.xhtml"/>

And the file toc.xhtml is not in the ePub anywhere. But I deleted that line and it all works great now. So I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you're putting into this!
MalinFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Not sure why you add a strong tag around every h(1-6) and title style, would it not be better to add font-weight: bold; to the relevant css styles?
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Not sure why you add a strong tag around every h(1-6) and title style, would it not be better to add font-weight: bold; to the relevant css styles?
You're right… this is a bug in the traverse routine, I must correct it but is not so easy.
Amyway I will work on it

Thanks

Luke
Old 06-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalinFox View Post
Luke--just tried out 1.2 with OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7 and it works beautifully on a text document with images inline. The only warning found in epubCheck was that the content.opf generates this line:

<reference type="toc" title="Table of contents" href="text/toc.xhtml"/>

And the file toc.xhtml is not in the ePub anywhere. But I deleted that line and it all works great now. So I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you're putting into this!
Can you send to me your odt file?

Thanks

Luke
Old 06-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
kobzeci
kobzeci began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Hi Luke,

Thank you for this great extension. The extension works great on LibreOffice on Win7. However, as previous versions, it doesn't work on Linux distro's -i suppose somethinh about Turkish locale-.

it gives the following errors:

writer2epub icon gives this error dialog:
http://g1206.hizliresim.com/y/s/8mzv3.jpg

metafile icon(2nd one) gives this:
http://g1206.hizliresim.com/y/s/8mzn2.jpg

Systems: Ubuntu and Pardus(system languages Turkish) installed LibreOffice Turkish.

Regards,
kobzeci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
This seems to work o.k. for EPUB files but how is the Mobi export supposed to work ? I installed KindleGen and clicked on the option for Mobipocket export in W2E and was asked for the path to Kindlegen which I supplied.

There is no trace of a mobi output file after I have generated the EPUB and no separate button I can press for the Mobi export.

Using LO3.5.3.2 on WinXP SP2.

Have I missed something ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote