Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Why one cannot purchase from Mobile Amazon?

I was testing whether I could get one of the freebies listed today using my Blackberry(BB). So I logged on here using the BB. Found a link to a free book. Click on it. Was taken to Amazon (mobile, I guess) and logged to my Amazon Account. Then back to the freebie book but I get a message to the effect:

"You cannot purchase this item using Mobile Amazon, place on wishlist and purchase via computer later."

Having used the Wishlist in the past, it does not necessarily hold a price so a free-book now might not be free later in the day when I'm at the computer or I have wifi for the K3.

Anyone know why I could not make/complete the purchase using "Mobile Amazon" or it it "Amazon Mobile"?

Thanks.

(sorry if this thread should have been in Kindle subforum but it would apply to the more generic making purchases at Amazon)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's a link on the mobile Amazon site which takes you to the "full" site. Did that not work for you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Can't you get the book via the Kindle for BlackBerry app?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will have to try those methods when I get a chance.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
FF2
Wizard

Re: BB used to browse to Amazon (as opposed to BB's Kindle app): I found the link from mobile to Regular site. But having already purchased the book I could not proceed but it did say I had already purchased the item. I will have to see with one I have not purchased.

Re: BB's kindle app - I'm not sure if the free books would be available without having to do a search. The link method would be more "direct" from mobileread where I'd read about a free book to link to it on amazon.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Re: BB's kindle app - I'm not sure if the free books would be available without having to do a search. The link method would be more "direct" from mobileread where I'd read about a free book to link to it on amazon.
Might not be as easy as clicking a direct link, but typing the book title into the search field of the Kindle app is not that difficult.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
FF2
Wizard

I was able to link from Mobileread through to the freebie book and then the FULL Amazon site and purchase the free book.

I have not tried using the BB Kindle app yet. Next time there's a freebie I may give that a try.

Of course, I'm still curious why "this item cannot be purchased from mobile Amazon" but that's the way it appears to be.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
could be Bezos don't want you to, his way or the highway
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
or just because Amazon mobile sucks like most mobile sites do
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote