Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2022, 03:17 PM   #16
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Devil is in the details, absolutely agree. Part of my problem is I really only come here when I get a new kindle, to jailbreak it and put KOreader on it. This would be my 3rd or 4th. The one currently listed in my profile for example was received December 2018. I did manage to get that one done.

Just to note though, I did in fact mention that I was here to jailbreak in my first post. Mentioned it right in the title, as well as the FW version. Thought I had it covered, but hey shit happens.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350679
I didn't go looking for other threads by you, when I replied to your "Kindle Disappeared" thread. My understanding of your issue was that your computers were not "seeing" your new Kindle. Full stop.

Posting several threads, in different forums, with different info in each, led to confusion. You can't expect members to go check and see if you've been posting about connected issues in different locations. If that is how you approach using forums like those here, confusion will always be SOP.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 09:39 PM   #17
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Well yes, I did make different threads for different issues. If there was a "one thread for all issues" policy here I was unaware of it. That said, I've been in so many forums going all the way back to 1994 and I can tell you there are myriad ways of doing things. But yes, up to the individual member to learn the ways of any particular board. Guess I got this one wrong but frankly I have never been a fan of one thread for multiple issues, I've always found that highly inefficient. Some boards even have policies against that as that leads to confusion.

Of course this Kindle stuff is not my forte, so I am clearly at the mercy of those in the know.

As for posting in other forums, I asked a Kobo question in the Kobo forum.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2022, 09:12 PM   #18
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Shipping mode turns kindles off and does a factory reset as a "bonus". It might also make sure the battery is not charged beyond 50%.

Search bar command ;shpm

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KT2...#Shipping_mode
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking
Shipping Mode Failed.
Unable to enter shipping mode owing to
missing dictionaries or fonts.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote