Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I think I will stick with something that uses AAA's, like the TravelFlex. That looks like a great light, and easy to pack in an overnight bag when traveling.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I think I will stick with something that uses AAA's, like the TravelFlex. That looks like a great light, and easy to pack in an overnight bag when traveling.
AAA and AA sizes are available in rechargeable models .
Less e-waste.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Yes, very true! We'll be getting some rechargeable AAA's for our mp3 players, so we'll have to be sure to get an extra one or two to have on hand when I get a light!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Yes, very true! We'll be getting some rechargeable AAA's for our mp3 players, so we'll have to be sure to get an extra one or two to have on hand when I get a light!
Make sure your device was designed with rechargeable batteries in mind
Your basic Alkaline AA,AAA,C,D battery is 1.55 Volts

NiMH, NiCd rechargeable are 1.2(5) V, you are starting 0.3 Volts down if the circuit expects only Alkaline cells.

Battery makers deem a battery dead at 80% voltage.

Your device may call the quits before it reaches that level
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

We've used rechargeables with them before, so I think it will be ok. I didn't realize you couldn't use rechargeables with everything... you learn all kinds of things here! *l*
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #21
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
So far the Might Lights look the best (settling on the telescoping model). However, are there any other brands other than Might Light I can look at?

Robert,

Is there any plans on selling a cover with light similar to the Sony reader covers?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No plans yet on Sony similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
So far the Might Lights look the best (settling on the telescoping model). However, are there any other brands other than Might Light I can look at?

Robert,

Is there any plans on selling a cover with light similar to the Sony reader covers?
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

We are working on several lighting solutions. I am in contact with Mighty Bright just about daily now.

They are sending me out a 10 foot long cord and AC Adapter for those that like to read late into the night and want to preserve their battery life! I hope to have that up soon for sale. I think that will run about $8.99 and will have the 10 foot cord!

We DID lower the price yesterday on the Mighty Bright Mini on www.astak.com!! It is listed under eBook Reader Devices on the site! It dropped about $4.00!!

The Sony light is a good one and we are trying to find where we can buy that for our models!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

We are working on several lighting solutions. I am in contact with Mighty Bright just about daily now.

They are sending me out a 10 foot long cord and AC Adapter for those that like to read late into the night and want to preserve their battery life! I hope to have that up soon for sale. I think that will run about $8.99 and will have the 10 foot cord!

We DID lower the price yesterday on the Mighty Bright Mini on www.astak.com!! It is listed under eBook Reader Devices on the site! It dropped about $4.00!!

The Sony light is a good one and we are trying to find where we can buy that for our models!
Wow, awesome! Whenever the Sony-like one comes out for the PP, I think I'll be amongst the first to order one.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #24
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
I just switched from the Mighty Bright to the Relight Rechargeable battery. So far I like it much better.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/sear...-9781599850160
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

By following this link, I did not find the Mighty Bright Mini listed. I see that you're marketing your Readers with a Mighty Bright - but not simply the Mighty Bright by itself, at about $4.00 cheaper.

If one clicks on "Accessories," (and NOT "ebook Reading Devices"), and then scroll down, there is a Mighty Bright Mini listed at $15.99 - which is the same price the last I checked. That unit has NOT been lowered by "about $4.00."

Am I missing the one you're referencing?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-22-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #26
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
The Mighty Bright MiniFlex is here by itself!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dr Drib, I think you are right. It seems only the reader and light combo is $6 cheaper than if the two were bought separately. Not $4 less for the light by itself. Hmm....
Old 01-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #28
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

I also noticed the light isn't available by itself for international customers, which wouldn't be very economical to buy with the postage anyway so this is probably not an issue.

However, there is no option yet for international customers to buy the PP with the light as a combined package. Perhaps this is being worked on?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #29
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
By following this link, I did not find the Mighty Bright Mini listed. I see that you're marketing your Readers with a Mighty Bright - but not simply the Mighty Bright by itself, at about $4.00 cheaper.

If one clicks on "Accessories," (and NOT "ebook Reading Devices"), and then scroll down, there is a Mighty Bright Mini listed at $15.99 - which is the same price the last I checked. That unit has NOT been lowered by "about $4.00."

Am I missing the one you're referencing?

Don
Agreed. The light still is $15.99. Maybe the site hasn't been updated to reflect the change in price for the light itself?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
This is the sort of 'cover with light' I would like to see.
(Excuse my pitiful MSPaint picture )

viewed from the side:
from top to bottom:
- closed up protecting the valuable eReader
- open for hand-holding with light extended
- open for reading from a table (with light extended)

black - the eReader!
red - stiff front and back of cover
cyan - flexible hinges
green - magnetic clasp
orange - light! (powered by AAA batteries for long life)

So - who's gonna make me one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tomsk_cover.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	44063  
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote