Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Cover with a Light?

I know my Pocket Pro will come with a faux leather cover and I do have one of those small clip-on lights (dead button cell batteries), but are there any covers out there for the Pocket Pro that perhaps has a white LED light that could fold out and over the top of the device?

Or perhaps a light that could clip-on attach itself to the cover that doesn't use button cells?

I'd be mainly using it when the power's out and on trips by myself at night.

Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-17-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I'm sure someone who has experience will chime in here, but I've been doing some research on booklights, and the Mighty Lights look pretty good. http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lig...FRMqagod_3Io0w They have several that would clip to the cover, and the ones I've looked at run on either AA's or AAA's.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ooooh, the Orchestra light looks like something that would provide ample light for reading in a dark room. Either that for the Ultrathin which seems pretty compact. Too bad the orchestra ones aren't out yet.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
liono33
Lilly
liono33 began at the beginning.

Device: WISEreader N518
ive gotten a good light from great point light's website.
liono33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I have a Mighty Bright and I love it! It runs on 3 AAA batteries and seems to work for quite a while between battery changes. I can't give you any solid numbers, because I only use mine during power outages, but I'm still on the first set of batteries (I think they came with it, but I'm not certain) and I've had it since late spring. And a bonus I've discovered - it throws enough light to use as a backup flashlight during a power outage, at least enough to move through the house without breaking toes or bruising shins!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Acrimonus
Enthusiast
Acrimonus began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use the single LED, single AAA battery mini Mighty Bright, it gives off some real nice light and the pen style clip slides right under your reader on the cover or it can clip into the centre of the reader cover spine too. Flexible neck too, very nice.
Acrimonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I really like the looks of the Mighty Bright lights. I'm wondering what would be better for the Pocket Pro, the TravelFlex or MiniFlex? I'm leaning towards the TravelFlex because of its smaller design. Does anyone have any input on these two lights?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mighty Brigjht MiniFlex is up on Astak website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I really like the looks of the Mighty Bright lights. I'm wondering what would be better for the Pocket Pro, the TravelFlex or MiniFlex? I'm leaning towards the TravelFlex because of its smaller design. Does anyone have any input on these two lights?
You can find the Mighty Bright Mini Light at: www.astak.com. The custom engineered reflector using optical grade lens spreads the light evenly without hot spots. You get 24 hours of continuous reading per set of batteries. That is a LOT of reading!!

I hope, soon, to also have the Mighty Bright Ultra Flex 2 up. That has twin LED with a switch so you can decide whether you want two or one LED on at any time. This one takes three AAA batteries.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Robertb, are lithium batteries the little button batteries?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I use the mightpro too. It clips to the outside of the cover, and has the option to use a plug in case you don't like the batteries ... I always run out at bad times
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I've found the ritelite LPL904 to make a perfect white book light for the Pocket Pro. Amazon has them for $15. http://www.amazon.com/Rite-Lite-LPL9...3842537&sr=8-1

It uses 3 AAA batteries and 4 LED lights. It's about the same width as the Pocket Pro, clips easily to the standard PPro cover and gives 2-stages of white light that clearly lights the entire page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	booklight.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	43733  
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Lithium can be button batteries

Quote:
Dear Davimee:

Not all Lithium Batteries are button type; but the Mighty Bright batteries are.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Robertb, yep, that's what I meant. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My bed reading light is a Ikea "KVART" seris with a SPARSAM E17 reflector 7W CFL bulb.

Low heat, soft start-up and it does not bother "The Cat" sleeping at my feet.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:

You can also get silver oxide batteries in that format, as well as a host of many other types of chemistries.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote