Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #31
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Well, you can wait until the next firmware is released (acording to Robertb it was suposed to come yesterday) and see if that fix the problem, or you could try a re-flash if those beeps are really important to you.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #32
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I hate the tiny tiny menu fonts -- they are virtually unreadable to my old eyes--even with my glasses on.
I agree, the menu fonts are too tiny. I think part of the problem is that they are using Times New Roman as the default font and the thin strokes almost disappear on the smaller font sizes. One of the strange things with the Pocket Pro is that if you change the system font in the main settings, it will change the menu fonts in the menus you can pull up while reading a book but doesn't in the main menus. I changed the system font to Ibookn, and while still tiny, the menu text is much easier to read.

I think this is something we should list over in the improvements thread - larger menu fonts and the option to have the folder view and main menus use the user selected system font.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Well, I'm not so destructive as to bend the cover back an complete 180 degrees and break the spine of my E-book.

But yeah, certainly they should be usable if you do. or if you are using it naked.
I don't know if this will work with the PP, but with my EZ Reader Basic I took the cover off, turned it upside down and put it back on again. It works much better for me opening the other direction, and a side benefit is that it is much easier to remove because the cover over the USB port doesn't get in the way.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well I just broke it's back reading at lunch here, so C'est la vie.

and used the left-side page keys.

Actually speaking of the cover, it makes the whole thing twice as thick....maybe I'll try to find something a bit thinner...anyone know of anything??
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
I agree, the menu fonts are too tiny. I think part of the problem is that they are using Times New Roman as the default font and the thin strokes almost disappear on the smaller font sizes. One of the strange things with the Pocket Pro is that if you change the system font in the main settings, it will change the menu fonts in the menus you can pull up while reading a book but doesn't in the main menus. I changed the system font to Ibookn, and while still tiny, the menu text is much easier to read.

I think this is something we should list over in the improvements thread - larger menu fonts and the option to have the folder view and main menus use the user selected system font.
Agreed! Did you already post that/this over there?
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #36
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Yes & yes...

Ahhhhhhh, yes to the first question certainly seems to indicate a bug in the new firmware then.

At least your device hardware is OK.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Actually speaking of the cover, it makes the whole thing twice as thick....maybe I'll try to find something a bit thinner...anyone know of anything??
Haven't got the PP yet, but after having the Opus for a few days I started thinking maybe the carrying pouch idea might be a better idea for these smaller devices. Just something to give the device decent protection and then when reading leave it naked.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #38
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
maybe I'll try to find something a bit thinner...anyone know of anything??
I do not know anything for the V5 yet, but if you find something I would try to make sure that it is rigid on the side the screen is on to protect the screen from impacts, because that glass screen cracks all too easily.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Haven't got the PP yet, but after having the Opus for a few days I started thinking maybe the carrying pouch idea might be a better idea for these smaller devices. Just something to give the device decent protection and then when reading leave it naked.
Yep. That's kinda what I'm thinking...
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Just to follow up on my "evaluation" I used the PP to read some 20 pages or so as I took my morning walk. It performed fine. I still don't care for the next page button positioning -- having the next/previous buttons on the inside edge (left side) of the reader in the seam of the cover is just lame to me -- there is no way these are usable one-handed while the cover is being used.

I also loaded a couple more books -- registered it with my Adobe and loaded a DRM'd library book etc.

For now I've decided to keep it.
On my EZ Reader I fold the cover back 180 degrees which works fine at enabling the use of the side buttons.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #41
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
On my EZ Reader I fold the cover back 180 degrees which works fine at enabling the use of the side buttons.

Dale
Yep, see above. Broke-back Reader.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #42
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Dale, don't you mean 360 degrees?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #43
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Agreed! Did you already post that/this over there?
I didn't have a chance to earlier, but it looks like ekaser picked it up from this thread and added it to the list.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #44
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Dale, don't you mean 360 degrees?
Well, yes from a closed position. I was thinking of folding it back on itself after it was already open.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #45
Stensie4JC
Book Diva
Stensie4JC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I don't know if this will work with the PP, but with my EZ Reader Basic I took the cover off, turned it upside down and put it back on again. It works much better for me opening the other direction, and a side benefit is that it is much easier to remove because the cover over the USB port doesn't get in the way.
Unfortunately it only goes into the case the right handed way. The 5" is held in the case with one clip at the bottom and one clip on the left and the right side, which fit into grooves in the device. Even if you were to get it in, when the bottom clip became the top clip it would block the US port.
Stensie4JC is offline   Reply With Quote