Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have listen to a couple of mp3 on my EZreader and it really sounds good. I prefer to use my mp3 player for my music so that I do not run down my battery too fast.
As for as the beeps I can not really tell you I can not here them at all with out the headset but I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids.
Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
My problem is I can't even hear the beeps when it's turned on!
The beeps do not require headphones.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #18
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The beeps do not require headphones.

Dale
Then I guess it appears I have an issue with my new Pocket Pro...I can't hear any beeps at when pressing the buttons; however, I did hear the expected beeps when installing the firmware update (instructions on the Firmware download page at theezreader.com mentions that you will hear beeps at certain points during the upgrade process).
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmm, I know I could hear the beeps, but they are quite faint. I also heard the software upgrade beeps which were much louder than the button beeps.

My button beeps did stop when I disabled them.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Then I guess it appears I have an issue with my new Pocket Pro...I can't hear any beeps at when pressing the buttons; however, I did hear the expected beeps when installing the firmware update (
That would seem to indicate you have a firmware problem and not a hardware problem, since the hardware was able to beep during the firmware update. Did you hear the key beeps before you installed the new firmware? Did you re-enable the beeps after you installed the new firmware?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to follow up on my "evaluation" I used the PP to read some 20 pages or so as I took my morning walk. It performed fine. I still don't care for the next page button positioning -- having the next/previous buttons on the inside edge (left side) of the reader in the seam of the cover is just lame to me -- there is no way these are usable one-handed while the cover is being used.

I also loaded a couple more books -- registered it with my Adobe and loaded a DRM'd library book etc.

For now I've decided to keep it.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They work just fine for me I fold the cover back to the back of the reader and I use the buttons on the left all the time but I am left handed so they are great for me.

Chuck
Old 09-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #23
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
-- having the next/previous buttons on the inside edge (left side) of the reader in the seam of the cover is just lame to me -- there is no way these are usable one-handed while the cover is being used.
Hmmmmmm, on the V3 version I just fold the cover back 180 degrees as a matter of normal operation, and always use the left side buttons. Are you saying that is not possible with cover for the V5 version?
I am still waiting for the Pocket Pro to be delivered.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #24
kennyc

Well, I'm not so destructive as to bend the cover back an complete 180 degrees and break the spine of my E-book.

But yeah, certainly they should be usable if you do. or if you are using it naked.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
cvkemp
Loving life

I have the Ezreader basic and that is what the cover is indented to do.

Chuck
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #26
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I have the Ezreader basic and that is what the cover is indented to do.

Chuck
If you say so.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #27
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
If you say so.
Hmm, if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlVJLQ0rjGA you can see (around 3:25) that they have all the PP covers in 180° so i think is designated to work like that.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Hmm, if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlVJLQ0rjGA you can see (around 3:25) that they have all the PP covers in 180° so i think is designated to work like that.
Aiiii!!! eeek!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
That would seem to indicate you have a firmware problem and not a hardware problem, since the hardware was able to beep during the firmware update. Did you hear the key beeps before you installed the new firmware? Did you re-enable the beeps after you installed the new firmware?
Yes & yes...
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #30
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Just to follow up on my "evaluation" I used the PP to read some 20 pages or so as I took my morning walk. It performed fine. I still don't care for the next page button positioning -- having the next/previous buttons on the inside edge (left side) of the reader in the seam of the cover is just lame to me -- there is no way these are usable one-handed while the cover is being used.

Can't you turn pages on all sides except the top? That is, I seem to recall that you can use --

(LEFT SIDE) arrow buttons
(RIGHT SIDE) wheel
(BOTTOM) 9 and 0 buttons

Would the bottom # buttons work better for the way you hold the reader?
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote