Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I believe the SD card only came with preorders. And you found the right place for good community support and with an active Astak rep.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #17
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
thanks to both Wallcraft & RobertB for the BooksOnBoard recommendation - I had found them & several others on the EZReader site!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #18
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
I believe the SD card only came with preorders. And you found the right place for good community support and with an active Astak rep.
The support issue jumped out at me immediately from the time I spent lurking here. That also played a big part in my decision to go with Astak over Sony!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I live in an area where the public library system only uses the MOBI format.
Sometimes it is possible to sign up for other libraries in your region.

MOBI lending library ebooks have DRM (encryption). It is possible to remove the DRM, and the Pocket Pro can read DRM-free MOBI ebooks. However, even if you delete the DRM-free version after reading it, stripping DRM from a library ebook may be illegal. It does not seem morally wrong, though, providing you delete the ebook once the lending period has expired.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I do not load any books on the internal memory but I have a 2 gig sd card that I have close to 1000 ebooks and I still have close to a gig of free memory.

chuck
Do you notice a performance difference? I know on the Sony it just plain works better if the books are on the internal memory.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #21
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am not seen any performance difference. I have had ebooks on the internal memory. But I do not anymore for I take out the sd card to add my books. It is much faster than using the usb cable to add ebooks

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
Hello, I too had thought about the new Sony 5" reader, but I have a lot of books in prc (MOBI) format. I got my EZ Reader Pro about 1 week ago and absolutely love it! It can handle any format I have been able to throw at it. It is quick and responsive, comes with everything you need in the box and just seems to work. I highly recommend this ereader and will tell everyone I know to get the Astak over Sony or Kindle. Thanks
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #23
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO quick and responsive with everything in box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgplc View Post
Hello, I too had thought about the new Sony 5" reader, but I have a lot of books in prc (MOBI) format. I got my EZ Reader Pro about 1 week ago and absolutely love it! It can handle any format I have been able to throw at it. It is quick and responsive, comes with everything you need in the box and just seems to work. I highly recommend this ereader and will tell everyone I know to get the Astak over Sony or Kindle. Thanks
Dear tmgplc:

Thank you so much!! I am SO happy that you are pleased and took the time to post!! We will keep trying to get it even better!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Me too, even though I love my 505 more every day. Robertb's stuff was made by ebook lovers for ebook lovers, and is not just as another item in a vast product line.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
I am eagerly waiting delivery of mine next week (Tuesday according to my FedEx shipping info)! Thanks for your observations on your EZ Reader - I will post mine next week! Can't wait!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #26
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Sometimes it is possible to sign up for other libraries in your region.

MOBI lending library ebooks have DRM (encryption). It is possible to remove the DRM, and the Pocket Pro can read DRM-free MOBI ebooks. However, even if you delete the DRM-free version after reading it, stripping DRM from a library ebook may be illegal. It does not seem morally wrong, though, providing you delete the ebook once the lending period has expired.
You know, right after I posted that message I realized I was looking at Arlington County (VA) instead of Fairfax County (VA)! My local library system (City of Alexandria) does not offer eBooks but we have reciprocity with just about every locality in northern Virginia - including DC & Maryland. Luckily, Fairax County offer the Adobe ADE option, but they don't seem to offer the books that I want to read in my Amazon Wishlist
Old 09-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
kanguro
kanguro began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro (I can feel it now)
This is my first e-ink reader too. It arrived to Europe in a week. It has been a sensation at work, where all the people liked it. In fact one other person ordered one right away.
I must say that I'm very pleased with it so far. The things I most value are the format diversity, the ratio quality/price, the elegance of the device (cover included) and the people at this forum, that adds a welcome plus to the device.
kanguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Library books usually have drm. Pocket Pro only supports non drm Mobi. This is because Amazon doesn't allow anybody who uses drm mobi to also have another drm format on the same device.

You could always remove the drm as long as you only keep it for your own use.
Library books have mostly PDF and some have ePUB as well as Mobi. Yes, they have DRM but EZ Reader supports DRM on PDF and ePUB so no breaking of DRM is required. If you break DRM and keep a library book it is tantamount to stealing a library book. YMMV

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #29
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, the people at this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanguro View Post
This is my first e-ink reader too. It arrived to Europe in a week. It has been a sensation at work, where all the people liked it. In fact one other person ordered one right away.
I must say that I'm very pleased with it so far. The things I most value are the format diversity, the ratio quality/price, the elegance of the device (cover included) and the people at this forum, that adds a welcome plus to the device.
Dear kanguro:

Yes, I do not think enough can be said about the great people of this forum. These people helped pick the colors, made sure it got a matte finish, and voiced things they wanted remedied (such as Hyperlinks and Better Bookmarking, and font sizes, and a lot more).

They also sat thru a lengthy pre-order wait and rarely did much more then say "I cannot wait". There were no gripes, no nasty posts, just patience.

That is why we ordered four extra-large pizzas and are working late into the night! We all feel their patience needs to be rewarded with shipping as fast as we can.

Right now we are ahead of schedule and Walter has everybody moving like a well-oiled machine.

I think we need a big "WOOT" Toot for the people who made this really possible... the forum members and the moderators!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #30
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Woot!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote