Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Kaverin
Kaverin began at the beginning.

Device: NST, NSTG, KT, K5 PW
Question question about "user defined usb device" plugin

Is there a way to get a duplicate of the internal "user defined usb device" plugin in the event you have 2 (or more) devices you want to handle? I have the original Nook Simple Touch and recently got a NST Glowlight too, but I disabled the internal Nook plugins. I did that because I didn't like how ebooks sent to the device would be put into the "/My Files/Books/" directory on the root of an external sd card in the device, and I couldn't find out any way to change that and write them to an arbitrary location anywhere on the sd card. The solution I found here in the forums is to use the "user defined usb device" plugin, which I have working perfectly, but I've hit a snag now. The vendor ID, usb product ID, revision ID, and vendor strings are the same for both the NST and NSTG (0x2080, 0x0003, 0x0216, B), but the ID strings differ (EBOOK_DISK on NST vs. NOOK_SIMPLETOUCH on the NSTG). I can't find a way to let that plugin work with both devices at the same time, so I need to duplicate that plugin if possible, unless there's a way to configure mutiple ID strings to get detected.
Kaverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to do that. Use Connect to Folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Kaverin
Kaverin began at the beginning.

Device: NST, NSTG, KT, K5 PW
Thanks for responding to that. Using the folder connection plugin works fine. I had been messing with making up my own device plugin after looking at the source of the original Nook device ones and one I saw on the forum here for the Medion OYO device, but was never successful. I would get errors in calibre about __init__.py being missing if it wasn't in the zip, but that OYO one didn't have one and it works fine. With a blank one present, then I'd get errors about no plugin class being found, but I couldn't understand why. I'd get similar results with the PD Novel example on http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/plug...-based-devices

Edit: Didn't realize python was extremely picky about whitespace (BASIC and C/C++ are all I use), and forgot I had Notepad++ set to insert actual tabs. I saw somewhere that the files were supposed to end in _plugin.py as well, which I didn't realize. And also in comparing a few other things, I had a missing line or two in some samples I was testing. Now everything seems to work fine, and I have a modified version of John Schember's Nook driver in there that doesn't make those pesky folders but otherwise works like the original. I can also clone the user defined device if I want to as well, though now I don't really need it.

Last edited by Kaverin; 03-09-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Did some more reading and fixed my mistakes
Kaverin is offline   Reply With Quote