Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I'm very sorry to see this. I enjoyed his enthusiasm. He was a great guy.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
oh, no - i'm so sorry to hear that

robertb was a very cool guy, nice to talk to, open minded and - as others have already said - a very straight shooter. my condolences to his family.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #18
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Oh dear! Belated condolences to family and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
He was a refreshing change from the usual corporate representative.
True.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I just saw this. What sad news. I loved Robert's enthusiasm. I hope he is at peace and extend my condolences to his family.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
I pray for him and his family.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Robertb always came across on MobileRead as someone who really cared about the customer. I think that's what he will be remembered for on this forum. Outside this website, I am certain that his family members and loved ones grieve every day, their grief immeasurable.

The fact is that Robertb had a product to move, but he did it with distinction, gusto and enthusiasm. He seemed to care, in all the best ways that one can care about having the responsibility of talking about a product that one must sell. What he achieved can best be described as a balancing act between serving the needs of a corporation and serving the concerns of customers. I can't think of anyone in recent memory who was as adept (and as caring) as Robertb in thinking of the customer's needs or in trying to make something right whenever something went wrong.

Ultimately, the company he worked for let him down when they fired him and, in the process, they lost their greatest champion. But he never let us down: If something went wrong, he tried to fix it. So many members at MobileRead posted their thanks for his interventions and, sometimes, needed explanations in working through technological and production issues. That is his legacy here at MobileRead, one which I will repeat: He seemed to genuinely care about his customers. He appreciated his customers.

I like, however, to think that Robertb's professionalism will be remembered outside the boundaries of MobileRead. Who knows, maybe his marketing style - one in which the the customer forms the base of a business - will awaken one or two souls currently snoozing in Customer Relations.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 AM   #22
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. He was such a nice guy. And I only just found out that Astak fired him. What asses. I hope RobertB is at peace now.
Really? Why did they fire him? After he left the site died as did the product it seems
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Really? Why did they fire him? After he left the site died as did the product it seems
$149 devices were floodingthe market, Astak saw no possible profit continuing?

Only they know why.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #24
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
a pity that - but nice to know he remains rememberered here for all the reasons already mentioned. not just a company rep, but one of us I think.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Robertb was the greatest. As far as I'm concerned, he was the face, or the voice, of Astak. When he left, the site seemed to go downhill. We have lost a good man. Peace.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #26
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
RIP Robert...
i always liked him. He was the cause of me entering the world of ebook readers...
so, so sad.......
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Wow, I haven't logged on in months and this is the first thread that caught my eye. I didn't even know Robert passed away. Last I heard he was out of surgery (for his knee? - foggy memory here) and was doing fine. When was he diagnosed with cancer?

I'm so saddened by this. He really made the Aztak EZReader what it is today. Without his dedication, love, and care for the end users and the product, I would have never bought one and would probably not have endlessly recommended them to most of my friends and acquintances. You are and will be continued to be missed Robert!
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #28
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
I always enjoyed reading Robert's posts, he really seemed to care. The world has lost a lovely human being.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #29
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh My! That is sad.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Just wandered over to this forum after a long while away, just to see if Aztek was still sliding downhill or if they had finally gotten the smack upside the head they deserved the last time I was here.

I am shocked to hear that RobertB both had cancer and passed away. My sincerest condolences to his family. I was thinking of buying one of the Aztek products solely because of his enthusiasm and support of the company; and then they shafted him and fired him, and I decided they weren't going to get my money just because of that.

I always appreciated the time and effort he put in here to be the public face of Aztek and to truly help people with their questions and their problems. He personalized that company, and I'm sure, boosted their sales.

Such sad news. I had hoped that he had moved on to better things, but not in that manner.

RIP, Robert. You made an impact in this world, and you are missed.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote