Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
This is the sort of 'cover with light' I would like to see.
(Excuse my pitiful MSPaint picture )

viewed from the side:
from top to bottom:
- closed up protecting the valuable eReader
- open for hand-holding with light extended
- open for reading from a table (with light extended)

black - the eReader!
red - stiff front and back of cover
cyan - flexible hinges
green - magnetic clasp
orange - light! (powered by AAA batteries for long life)

So - who's gonna make me one?
M-edge makes covers with lights built in. Usually it lays in the spine area when not in use.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #32
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Was originally $19.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
By following this link, I did not find the Mighty Bright Mini listed. I see that you're marketing your Readers with a Mighty Bright - but not simply the Mighty Bright by itself, at about $4.00 cheaper.

If one clicks on "Accessories," (and NOT "ebook Reading Devices"), and then scroll down, there is a Mighty Bright Mini listed at $15.99 - which is the same price the last I checked. That unit has NOT been lowered by "about $4.00."

Am I missing the one you're referencing?

Don
Dear Don:

When first posted it was at $19.99... now down to $15.99. I am pushing for $13.99. That is not easy as we have to pay the freight to get them here.

I was contacted yesterday by Mighty Bright and they are open right now to suggestions on new designs. I have already suggested something without a gooseneck whereby the smaller LEDs are maybe four on one side and four on the other.

If anybody has some great ideas in what would be an ideal design for Mighty Bright... here is your chance to seriously get it considered!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
M-edge makes covers with lights built in. Usually it lays in the spine area when not in use.

Dale
Yes, but not for BeBook/Astak/Hanlin eReaders.

I'd prefer the top hinge as well. IMO Better for accessing the controls which are usually placed along the sides and bottom of devices.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #34
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Sent copy of suggestion to Mighty Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
This is the sort of 'cover with light' I would like to see.
(Excuse my pitiful MSPaint picture )

viewed from the side:
from top to bottom:
- closed up protecting the valuable eReader
- open for hand-holding with light extended
- open for reading from a table (with light extended)

black - the eReader!
red - stiff front and back of cover
cyan - flexible hinges
green - magnetic clasp
orange - light! (powered by AAA batteries for long life)

So - who's gonna make me one?
Dear Tomsk:

I sent a copy of your post to Mighty Bright to see what they can make of it. No promises: but Mighty Beright is looking at suggestions now.

I have already pushed HARD for all future eBook Reader lights by Mighty Bright to be rechargeable AAA.

Thank you for the concept!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #35
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sony also has a design whereby the light and the gooseneck reside within a mechanism that holds it from potential damage, in a kind of fold-away area within the mechanism's design. The light is built into the case, which is specifically made for the Sony 600 (although it will also hold the 505.)

The design itself works very well, in my opinion. There has been criticism about the light's efficacy due the LEDs not being quite bright enough. I own this case/light combination and thoroughly enjoy it, but the criticism is valid, I feel.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote