Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
New Cover for EZReader PocketPRO?

Came across this on Amazon - looks interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this cover for their PPro?

http://www.amazon.com/BookArmor-Delt...108233&sr=8-10
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Came across this on Amazon - looks interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this cover for their PPro?

I don't like gluing stuff to my reader, so I went with the CaseLogic for the Sony Pocket Edition instead. My reader fits perfectly and is really well protected. I do lose the use of the jog wheel, but it's easy enough to slip the reader out.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I have the STYLZ real leather case

Quote:

Dear 93terp:

It looks interesting. It does say it will fit the EZ Reader Pocket PRO! I have no experience, though, with it.

I did buy the STYLZ (www.stylzworld.com) Milano Edition (brown) for $24.99. That is glove-soft real leather and fits the Pocket PRO perfectly with the same clips that it is meant to take. It has a special third flap with a pad to protect the screen. It also holds business cards and SD cards. I can recommend that as I love it. Access to the scroll wheel is excellent!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I don't like gluing stuff to my reader, so I went with the CaseLogic for the Sony Pocket Edition instead. My reader fits perfectly and is really well protected. I do lose the use of the jog wheel, but it's easy enough to slip the reader out.
I'm not sure where you got the notion that you glue anything to the reader. I didn't see that anywhere in the product description.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear 93terp:

It looks interesting. It does say it will fit the EZ Reader Pocket PRO! I have no experience, though, with it.

I did buy the STYLZ (www.stylzworld.com) Milano Edition (brown) for $24.99. That is glove-soft real leather and fits the Pocket PRO perfectly with the same clips that it is meant to take. It has a special third flap with a pad to protect the screen. It also holds business cards and SD cards. I can recommend that as I love it. Access to the scroll wheel is excellent!
I've had my eye on those Stylz cases for the last few weeks! They are very nice looking! Good to know that it works flawlessly with the EZRPP!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I also use the caselogic one. I love it. It keeps it well protected in that it zips all the way around the device. This prevents exposer like... spills, dropping it in the snow... rain etc. I hate that i lost the wheel though... but meh... I tend to spill alot so it's worth the sacrifice. I also bought a notebook case to put it in as well... this allows me to carry my ebook (in teh caselogic case) my glasses, headset, notepad, eyedrops, book light and wallet all together, plus whatever else happens to find it's way in there =P. My son has autism so we are constantly on the go to diff. doc appointments and what not so it was important to me to be able to carry everything together.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
I'm not sure where you got the notion that you glue anything to the reader. I didn't see that anywhere in the product description.
The BookArmor case uses velcro like strips to attach the reader to the case. These have adhesive to stick to the back of your reader. I have no idea what effect they would have on our rubberized coating, since they are designed for the Sony.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
The BookArmor case uses velcro like strips to attach the reader to the case. These have adhesive to stick to the back of your reader. I have no idea what effect they would have on our rubberized coating, since they are designed for the Sony.
You're right. I must have misread the Amazon description. A follow-on Google search resulted in finding this, which shows the velcro strips being permanently applied to the back of a reader:

http://www.ecaddycase.com/deltaedition.html

I think I'll pursue the Stylz case instead.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Bookarmor attachment strips

After watching the video on the attachment strips, it looks like they are like the strips you can buy on TV to attach pictures to the wall. To remove, you pull the tab and they release without leaving any residue.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Wish they would make one of these for the EZReader!!!

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/medge-wat...case-01065429/
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I wonder how well the M-Edge cases for the Sony PRS-300 would go with the PP as their are approximately the same size. Anyone know?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I'm still hoping Oberon makes one of these for the Pocket Pro!Name:  Oberon1.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  3.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oberon3.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	42707

I have this one as a journal. It's a little bit too big for the Pocket Pro but only by a few millimeters.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #13
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I heard of some people using a food saver to vaccume seal the ezread to make it waterprof. Since it seals all the way around the edges and still makes the buttons useable. I am just not sure how good of an idea that would be. I would be fearful that something inside would break
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
I suppose you could give Glad Press'n Seal a try. I like the Stylz cover I bought after reading Robert's review. A PP sized Rhinoskin TI slider case would still be my ideal, though.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote