Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
MedicalMinister
MedicalMinister began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak EZReader PocketPro
Question SD Card Issue

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the boards, but I've had an Astak EZReader 5" Pocket Pro my sister got me in June 2010. The issue I've been having recently is confusing to me.

The event that may have somehow triggered it was that my device ran out of battery for the first time. The screen was unresponsive, and I didn't know what it was at first. I took the battery off, put it back on, and pressed the reset button before finally connecting the recharging cable. After that, one of my main folders (on SD card) disappeared (with files inside), another is accessible when connected to a computer but invisible on the device, and my 8 GB SD card which had both of those folders on it has suddenly become read-only.

I can still access and interact with other files while using the device, but I don't know if other things will begin happening. Does it sound like something with the device or the card?

Thankfully, I'd already transferred all folders on the device to the computer for backup, but I don't know how to fix this. Anybody recognize this problem? Many Thanks

God Bless
MedicalMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
If you have everything backed up, try reformatting the SD cards. It sounds like something got corrupted.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalMinister View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the boards, but I've had an Astak EZReader 5" Pocket Pro my sister got me in June 2010. The issue I've been having recently is confusing to me.

The event that may have somehow triggered it was that my device ran out of battery for the first time. The screen was unresponsive, and I didn't know what it was at first. I took the battery off, put it back on, and pressed the reset button before finally connecting the recharging cable. After that, one of my main folders (on SD card) disappeared (with files inside), another is accessible when connected to a computer but invisible on the device, and my 8 GB SD card which had both of those folders on it has suddenly become read-only.

I can still access and interact with other files while using the device, but I don't know if other things will begin happening. Does it sound like something with the device or the card?

Thankfully, I'd already transferred all folders on the device to the computer for backup, but I don't know how to fix this. Anybody recognize this problem? Many Thanks

God Bless
You can use Windows (standard) Disk repair utility and see what it recovers.

Power events are hard on any storage during any writes.

Keep you PEz above 1 bar for safety
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote