Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #46
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Friday can't get here soon enough. I've already made arrangements to work from home, and I suspect my productivity is going to dip sometime around midday.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #47
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Either I or my DH will be here tomorrow (we both work at home most days) and hopefully will be delivered in the morning.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #48
JayCeeEll
Connoisseur
JayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litterJayCeeEll doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
If you can't wait until your DX arrives then how about viewing an un-boxing by CrunchGear
JayCeeEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #49
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
still no mail from Amazon, but "shipping soon since midnight". wait wait wait.

exReader
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #50
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Looks like Engadget is doing an unboxing too:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/a...-and-hands-on/
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #51
exreader
exanimate ex post facto

official shipped notice! woot.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #52
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by exreader View Post
still no mail from Amazon, but "shipping soon since midnight". wait wait wait.

exReader
I got that too and they tapped my bank account last night so I'm hoping they come through and get it shipped out today despite my supposedly be getting bumped to the back of the bus.

On the plus side, my cover is due to be delivered tomorrow.
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #53
b.e.wilson
b.e.wilson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, iPhone (1st gen)
More unboxing, for those of us (most of us) anxious for tomorrow or next week to come:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCho...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyh7nI_mfTo
b.e.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #54
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
Got mine today! It is certainly bigger and heavier than the k2. It does a good job of rendering pdf pages which is what I wanted. Yes, I know the sony reader reads pdfs, but when you expand the pages big enough to read them, it messes up the formatting.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #55
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I am so sad, watched the unboxing with glee!
Can't wait for mine to turn up..
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #56
exreader
exanimate ex post facto

got it, unboxed it without tearing the tabs etc charged it...

copied all the hierarchy from teh K1 to it, and downloaded selected items from the store archive - doesn't seem to be a way to say "get all" from either the Kindle or the manage Kindle downloads page on "My Accounts" on Amazon. oh well. one at a time as i need them

dumped a tons of PDFs - they seem to work GREAT.

it's only about 2x as heavy as the K1, and i love the joystick. i ALMOST want to sell my K1 and get a K2 now. ALMOST. except that i have two spare K1 batteries, 4 GB SD card for it, and a "custom" gomadics data/usb cable - it magically let's me charge my K1 from USB!!! might as well keep it until it dies. i can see a place for the "regular" sized Kindle always.

btw, this: http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-Solo-B.../dp/B001MV7284 is an AMAZING device for your USB powered/charged toys. Kindles. iPhone, iPods, phones, video games, STUFF. great for camping or trips or flying

off to read... awesome text density.

@