Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Percyiris
Percyiris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Kindle 3 Wi-Fi,3G
Registering the DX in Canada

Here's an interesting issue for Canadian DX users; while one can register the DX with Amazon, the owner cannot register the DX to themselves. By that I mean the user cannot assign the Kindle to them personally (have their name at the top of the device). As well, one cannot access the "Settings" menu until the Kindle is personally registered and it can't be done with Amazon's help via USB. While Amazon support has been superb, this is a technical glitch that may be only one of many because we cannot access all the great features the DX has to offer. One solution to the above would be go to where there is slop-over coverage from the States (Niagara Falls or Windsor for me) and register it that way. If anyone has a solution for this, I'd for one would be grateful.
Percyiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I think that is the only way you are going to be able to do it since there is no international version of the DX.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert