Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I don't see OverDrive in my Kobo Clara HD

Hello !

I've made the update for my Kobo Clara HD to the newest firmware 4.10.11655, and I couldn't wait to discover the newly introduced functionality: OverDrive.

But it happens that it simply doesn't show anywhere, as if it didn't exist. I unfortunately don't live in neither USA, Canada or Great Britain, but I could easily ask some friends of mine to create for me an account in a library in Canada and even provide me with a VPN if needed, so I could cheat I'm Canadian. But it cannot be that they simply hide the functionality completely if I'm not. I tried to give Canada in my profile settings for every account related to Kobo, but it didn't help.

Why don't I see OverDrive ??? Does somebody have a clue ??
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you're not in one of the countries where Overdrive is supported (Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand) then you won't see Overdrive on your device. That saves Kobo from fielding support calls from people who can't use it (because it's not supported in their country) wondering why it won't work. I can't remember exactly what they use to determine which country you're in.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I have found it !!!

Go to www.kobo.com -> My Account -> second tab called "Payment info" or similar

Then bullshit a Canadian/USA/British/etc address (for example browse for the address of an existing library in a remote city), save and then from your Kobo Clara HD, manually sync twice.
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overdrive